The Change of Life (Or what to do with a wasted corner)

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
This thing started out in life to be my rolling sheet good cart.

100_1719.jpg

And then I found this for $239. (Should be here tomorrow) I got to adding up the price of three or four sheets of plywood to make the cart I intended and found that there just wasn't that much difference for the added things I will be able to do with this cart. (Of course I will put it together "My" way ;))

41N3FJXB2XL_SS500_.jpg

So what to do with the frame that I worked so hard to build all that Overkill into? :rofl:
I guess I could use it to make another table? Don't need another table. :(

Waste not, Want not :thumb:

ClampRack_008.jpg

ClampRack_009.jpg

ClampRack_010.jpg

ClampRack_011.jpg

ClampRack_013.jpg

ClampRack_015.jpg

ClampRack_014.jpg

ClampRack_016.jpg

ClampRack_017.jpg

It sure does hold a LOT of clamps. :thumb:

All but these... :dunno:
ClampRack_019.jpg

It also gave me a neat place to store my Festool guide rails. :eek:

I will build a frame onto that one under the air hookup for the last of them and a dowel situation above it for "C" clamps and the like.

I couldn't wait to do it, I went out there tonight at 11:30 PM and finished around 3:30 AM. Isn't retirement neat? ;)

It sure has been a good week!

DT

Don, for sure that's the neatest thing of beeing retired, I'm often very early up, goes very late to my bed, don't need that much sleep, and I'm happy.
Well, you had a very good and productive week, very useful stuff are you making, and everything is well organized in your workshop, anyway better as mine.
So you are doing great. :thumb: :wave:

Don, there's an old saying, "you can't have too many clamps". Whoever said it might want to visit you before making other such claims.:eek::rofl:

BTW - I'd be happy to 'store' some of those for you should you run out of room!:rofl::rofl:

Hi Don :wave:,
Good use of space in the corner. Your new plywood cart will take up less space, good thinking. :thumb: From the looks of your clamp organization I'll bet you are dynomite with putting up Christmas decorations.
AND..................... the week ain't over yet! :rolleyes: Now what? :huh:
Shaz :)

Hi Don.

You've got a great bunch of clamps!:D now you can start a whole bunch of projects to use them! So keep moving man!:thumb:

Apart from jokes, I find your solution a very good way to use a space that otherwise would have been difficult to be given another use.

Congratulations!

Don, there's an old saying, "you can't have too many clamps". Whoever said it might want to visit you before making other such claims.:eek::rofl:

BTW - I'd be happy to 'store' some of those for you should you run out of room!:rofl::rofl:

:rofl: It took me three christmas season sales to acquire those Rennie. And I have really used them so far.

DT

Hi Don :wave:,
Good use of space in the corner. Your new plywood cart will take up less space, good thinking. :thumb: From the looks of your clamp organization I'll bet you are dynomite with putting up Christmas decorations.
AND..................... the week ain't over yet! :rolleyes: Now what? :huh:
Shaz :)

I want to do something with THIS mess.

SettingUp_096.jpg

I have to remove the saws, the mess and the table top. And then rebuild the base cabinets like I want them, build a thin center section of shelves to connect them together, trim and level the top and secure it to the bases.
I will put the whole thing on six of the red Woodcraft casters with double brakes and build a big box at the back of the table with a floor that slants into a 4" cyclone hose in the center.
And then wait impatiently for Dr. Bob to get my KAPEX KS 120. :rofl:

DT