Mahogany Salt and Pepper Mills

Well the kids said something back in June about getting a pepper mill to match there set of salad bowls I turned out of mahogany. So dad got his act together to turn his first salt plus the pepper mill out of Mahogany. The pepper mill is 9" tall and the salt mill is 8 1/2" tall. Seal-A-Cell and Arm-R-Seal. Even bought them a bag of sea salt for their mill.

Attachments

• Salt and Pepper Mill 1.jpg
    Salt and Pepper Mill 1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Salt and Pepper Mill 2.jpg
    Salt and Pepper Mill 2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Salt and Pepper Mill 3.jpg
    Salt and Pepper Mill 3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 39
Dang, you've been busy lately, Bernie. Nice set. I still haven't attempted making spice mills...another one of the ones on my list, though.

Great stuff Bernie. How many brand-new threads does that make today, showing your output? You machine you! :eek:

Remember, to get close-up shots to focus nicely: use either the Macro mode or back the camera up and zoom in. :thumb:

Nice! :thumb:

I've got Eli Avisera on video making some of those, neat process for sure, which kit did you use Bernie?

I have used about 3 different kinds Stu but have found the Deluxe model salt and pepper mills on page 92 of the CSUSA catalog work the best. I tried the cheap ones and all I can say save your money.

Thanks for the comments. Yep had to spend some time in the shop to get my mind off things. I lost my dad 11/07 and we lost my wife's dad 11/22 Thanksgiving day. So needed something to get my mind off things for a while.

Bernie,

Sorry to hear of your loss, we've had my Mother in and out of the hospital the last few weeks. Heart surgery and a pace maker. I remember you making those trips back and forth from Denver. I had to do the same thing, but not quite as far; only 50 miles one way. Things have got to get better.

Beautiful work as always Bernie!

I am so sorry to hear of your losses! My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family!

Randy, sorry to hear about your Mom. I know it makes for some tough times! Hope things improve for her very soon!