"HUGE update!" Web Page ALERT!

Don Taylor

Former Member (by the member's request)
Sorry, I forgot to include the building of the shop! :eek:

I've got my web page presentable!

http://dontee.net/mylittlecastle/

:bang::bang::bang: FINALLY! :bang::bang::bang:

There are leventy gazillion million thousand pictures on there so let it load.

It allows you to select a slide show on the first page of each set but by clicking on one picture, you can bypass that.

Please let me know if it is going to work out. It is no where near finished but I think you all can see where I'm going at least.

Thank You

DT

Last edited:
Looks really good Don, you have made some amazing improvements to that old house :thumb:

Can you give us a time frame, when did you buy it?

Cheers!

(lots more looking around your site to do yet)

Cool Don, though I must say it loaded just fine for me. As for the statement "leventy,zillion, million thousand" pictures is an understatement. Holy cow. Looks good though, nice clean uncluttered design...and yes you can apply that statement to the website layout or your home.

Looks really good Don, you have made some amazing improvements to that old house :thumb:

Can you give us a time frame, when did you buy it?

Cheers!

(lots more looking around your site to do yet)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The date is right on the first page Stu. :huh:
May 24th, 2003

DT

Hmm...the big versions of the pics doesn't show up running Firefox (on my machine, at least), but they display fine under IE. I've run similar photo display problems on my sites, but those I blame on the fact that I'm using MS Frontpage, which is not real friendly to non-Microsoft browsers.

Still, looks good, Don. I just scanned a few of the pages...I'll be back for more when I have some time. ;)

Don, everything is looking very very nice, very nice place to live, I enjoyed it.
Your website opens very fast on my computer.

Everything worked just fine for me (and I'm using Firefox). Outstanding job Don -- you have right to be proud. You've really accomplished a lot. I'm jealous of both the shop and first rate tools.

Have you built much furniture yet?

I am running Linux using Firefox. I do not get a header, I think that it is called, where I can go to other sections of the site. I dusted off the old XP box and it works fine with Firefox. Really strange. I thought that you were a non Windows guy Don. Must be something blocking it for some if not all Linux people. Any one else having this problem? Maybe my old Firefox as I am having trouble locking up with youtube due to activeX. A wonderful thing all the invasive stuff----Ha!!!! Time to do a little work I guess.

Great report Don. A good way to get to know people better.

I am running Linux using Firefox. I do not get a header, I think that it is called, where I can go to other sections of the site. I dusted off the old XP box and it works fine with Firefox. Really strange. I thought that you were a non Windows guy Don. Must be something blocking it for some if not all Linux people. Any one else having this problem? Maybe my old Firefox as I am having trouble locking up with youtube due to activeX. A wonderful thing all the invasive stuff----Ha!!!! Time to do a little work I guess.

Great report Don. A good way to get to know people better.

I don't have a PC in the house Allen. Made on a Mac. I'm using Safari to deal with it, I will try a few others.

DT

I cannot believe I posted that web page without putting the building of the shop on it.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm working on it now. I was so tickled that it seemed to work I just popped it up there.

Sorry 'bout that :eek:

DT

Thanks Rennie, Jim,

I know I love to tour lots of pictures. I get great ideas from all of you in the family.

I keep a running log of what is done by picture on a backup drive. One of my "Projects" :doh: was to compile them one day to tell a story of sorts.

I have written my own code in the past and used a text editor to build a fairly nice web page from scratch. I just wanted to prove to myself this old coot could do it. ;) I know just enough about it to know I didn't want to even attempt it with that many pictures to be placed. :eek:

I used Mac/Apple's iWeb

http://www.apple.com/ilife/iweb/

to make the page and a program called ViewIt

http://www.hexcat.com/viewit/index.html

to deal with the placement/naming/sorting of the pictures.

I was really amazed at how easy it was to end up with what you see. I don't usually like programs that force me to do it their way but this time I was impressed.

My main concern was how it would load with all those pictures. With the positive feed back from you all, I am pretty well pleased.

It's nowhere near finished and already takes a LONG time upload.

Thank you all for your comments :type:

DT