Shop Remodel 2007 - Update: We Have Power!

I suggest to anyone that does not have a wooden floor, that they get some (or in my case 100) of those mats as it is great on the legs and helps to insulate from the cold concrete floor. Congrats on the progress Vaughn!!!!

I've got a whole pallet loaded about 4' high of 8 squares each 3/4 layer of them, after having picked em up off my old floor to take them to the new shop. For anyone who works on concrete, I swear by them.

The floor mats I bought are 2' square, and come in a package of six pieces. I liked the first package so much I bought a second one a few nights later. I still haven't opened the second package, but I'll get them in place this weekend.

I'm already looking at shuffling things around in the shop a bit more. Gotta make room for a new 17" drill press. (More on that later this evening.) ;)

The floor mats I bought are 2' square, and come in a package of six pieces. I liked the first package so much I bought a second one a few nights later. I still haven't opened the second package, but I'll get them in place this weekend...

I have them almost wall-to-wall in my shop. I think I used fourteen packages of them - eight tiles to a package. The best price I've found is at Sam's Club. They used to be $16-something for an 8-pack, but now they're up to just over $19.00. It's sorta a standing joke with the wife. Every time we go to Sam's, she asks "Need more mats?"

I use them at work, but not in my home shop and can really feel it after only a few hours. They are certainly on my to-get list, but then so is a lot of stuff.