Urethane & polyeurethane ??

Drew Watson

I was wondering what the diferences is between using the urethane and polyurethane in the Sam Maloof mix. I have been told that using a more pure form or urethane gets better results. Been itching to try it out but can't seem to find anything besides the polyurethane in the local stores. Can anyone give me some help with this?

Definitely a good question Andrew as this is my preferred method of finishing in my dusty environs. Unfortunately I can't answer it with any authority. In Japan I use what is locally available and it happens to be urethane (or that's what it says on the can in Japanese). Hope someone can chime in here.

Al,

Thanks but it seems that they are a product based site and have re-directed me to local paint suppliers for info on my question, but it still didn't answer the question. Just needing to find out if someone has tried both and has personal experience that they can share as to what they have discovered.

I was wondering what the diferences is between using the urethane and polyurethane in the Sam Maloof mix. I have been told that using a more pure form or urethane gets better results. Been itching to try it out but can't seem to find anything besides the polyurethane in the local stores. Can anyone give me some help with this?

I realize this post is probably way to late to help you Drew but there is absolutely no difference between the two products. Just marketing ploys.