Thread: Hey, Ned!

Hey, Ned!

Considering the current weather - and the forecast - is your shop now relegated to a Spring 2008 project?

Looks like you're gonna be spending the winter thinking about it! I guess then it really will be a "Dream Shop" huh?
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

I'm actually going to bite the bullet and hire a crew to roof it for me, I've got a guy on tap for it, next break in the weather it gets roofed. tarped until then.
    -Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Ned Bulken View Post
    I'm actually going to bite the bullet and hire a crew to roof it for me, I've got a guy on tap for it, next break in the weather it gets roofed. tarped until then.
    Coupled with the height of your roof, and your LOVE of high places*, that sounds like money well spent.

* I don't get along well with heights either.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Coupled with the height of your roof, and your LOVE of high places*, that sounds like money well spent.

* I don't get along well with heights either.

hehe, I mentioned this plan to my mother recently, and she reminded me that even going back as a teenager, when 'someone' had to climb a ladder to swap out 4 of our storm windows for screens each spring and reverse the process in the fall, I did the task, but I realllllllllly didn't like the first step when I was coming down off of the roof. (flat roof over the front porch)
    Funny thing I drove by the old house the other day, and that roof didn't Look that tall...

I'm hoping to get it done relatively cheap... but I'll pay what I have to. of course.
    -Ned

Ya gotta think of the cost of a broken bone and the down time. Then it would be a "dream shop" until spring. Let the roofers roof and you do your thing. Wise decision.

what the size?

of your roof area ned? maybe you could get per to do it he's got alitte free time. maybe even bill grumbine he can do anything!!!!
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!