Pro's and Con's

larry merlau

whats the 'family's" take on the bosch 10.8v screw gun or the 10.8v I straight RT angle version??? lookin at one of them fer tight places. they say they can drive 100, 3 inch screws on a charge..

larry, i have the pocket driver, not the right angle version. i love it...one down fall, it is slower than i like. not slow like a cordless screw driver, more like a little faster than #1 on most cordless drills. other than that it is excellent, i have never tried to drive 100 3 inchers, but the battery does last well.

i don't regret the purchase at all

chris

That is true, it is kind of curious, it doesn't seem to lack for power but it is slower than most. What I like is the variable speed at the trigger.

DT

larry, i have the pocket driver, not the right angle version. i love it...one down fall, it is slower than i like. not slow like a cordless screw driver, more like a little faster than #1 on most cordless drills. other than that it is excellent, i have never tried to drive 100 3 inchers, but the battery does last well.

i don't regret the purchase at all

chris

chris if i was as big as you i wouldnt need the driver at all just push them in:D i figured i would get one or the other of these but wanted to see if the other one was better suited, it does adjust to deiffernt angles but wasnt sure the I version was comfortbale to use,, i dont bend well anymore and tight places tend to wear on my patience sum... so dont need a tool thats gonna fight with me to get the job done.

larry, pretty sure clardy has both, maybe you can pm him and see which he prefers.

if you can find the new impact for a similiar price i would jump on that one. it spins much faster and has more torque!!

chris

larry, pretty sure clardy has both, maybe you can pm him and see which he prefers.

if you can find the new impact for a similiar price i would jump on that one. it spins much faster and has more torque!!

chris

he had ther little drill yes but didnt see the I version. your sayin the impactor is beeter all around than the srew gun one????? if so i need to adjust my order. as for pm'n him well he aint here no moe:(

Last edited:
yup that be the frst one don the other one looks lie a flashlight with a socket head on it at 90 degrees..

Larry,
That's the one I have, and I really like it!

It replaced a DeWalt power screwdriver that I'd had for six or seven years, is actually a much better driver. The electronic clutch took a bit of getting used to - it just stops, instead of ratcheting like we're all used to - but the adjustable angle head is great.

It has plenty of torque, and battery life is great - much better than the old DeWalt. RPMs are a bit less than the old DeWalt, but not really a detriment. I think it actually give you better control.

Also - battery recharge only takes 15~20 minutes, and the charged batteries don't lose power in storage like NiCads do. I generally just charge the spare, and keep it in the case. Then when the in-use battery goes dead, I have the spare in the case, ready to use, and I don't have to keep it on the charger.

It's become nearly my most-used tool.