staining tips?

I finally found a decent stain for my feeders. I'm using Cabot acrylic siding stain. It does a nice job and the bonus is its supposed to be reasonably UV resistant and dries to a nice satin finish so I don't have to varnish over the top.The only downside is that even though it's water based it gives me a headache after a while. The temps here are in the 30's so I have to keep the garage door closed to keep the temp in the required range.

After completing about 75% of the staining I needed to do I wanted to ask if there are any tips the good folk here might have for staining? The feeders have lots (and lots) of 90deg corners and it's a nightmare trying to catch all the drips that form when the brush hits a corner. I look it over and over and over and think I've caught all of them only to find ones that got away once its dried :(

Is there some method to apply stain with a brush where you don't get the drips forming or am I just kidding myself? I'm hoping these will be the last ones I'll do with a brush but just in case I cant afford a hvlp unit soon any tips would be appreciated.