Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brush Tuft

Brush Tuft

You know, that hairy thing that you shove in the end of a stick and call it a brush. Yes, Brush Tuft is its name.....

Does anyone know an inexpensive supplier of such wares. I found one and only one and at 6+ bucks a pop plus shipping, they are a bit over the top for a whimisical project idea.

Tufts

In the current issue of "American Woodturner" there is an article on making brushes with turned handles. He cites 2 sources as Craft Supplies USA and Woodchuckers Supply. You should be able to Google either and find some options. The article is very well written by Nick Cook, a well known professional turner.
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Thanks Don, but "Craft Supplies" is where the 6 bucks and up tufts are. As for Woodchuckers I couldn't find any listing. I was hoping for some "Less Expensive" goodies and hoped someone knows of such...

Wat kinda brush? Are you talking about shaving brushes? If that's what you want, there is somebody on one of the penturning forums (TPS or (IAP) from England that sells real high quality badger fur ones now and then. Don't know prices.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

tufts

first off, excuse the no caps. broke my left arm at the shoulder last night at work and the shift key is too much work. if you were thinking of a keyboard brush i saw some neat ones made with the tufts from a bench brush. two tufts glued in a 3/8 dia. x 5/8 deep hole. if this is what you had in mind pm me and i will put you in touch with the guy. harbor freight has the bench brush pretty cheap and you get a lot of little brushes out of one,
    dale

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Johnson View Post
    first off, excuse the no caps. broke my left arm at the shoulder last night at work and the shift key is too much work. if you were thinking of a keyboard brush i saw some neat ones made with the tufts from a bench brush. two tufts glued in a 3/8 dia. x 5/8 deep hole. if this is what you had in mind pm me and i will put you in touch with the guy. harbor freight has the bench brush pretty cheap and you get a lot of little brushes out of one,
    dale
    Off topic. OUCH! Johnson, sorry to hear that. Heal quick. Darn, hate to hear news like that. All the best.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Whoa Dale, "broke my left arm at the shoulder last night at work "

Sorry to hear that. I think I saw that post from a fellow who got his tufts from a bench brush. Thanks. Don't know what I had in mind, Just saw the demo of making a brush and thought it would be a neat project. No specific idea in mind but 6 bucks a pop to play with seemed a bit steep for a project w/o a cause.

Just feeling around to see what is out there and I find there is very little.

Thanks for the info. Take care of that shoulder.

Nothing to add on brush tufts, but dang Dale, quit being so tough on the equipment. Sorry to hear you got hurt, and hope you heal up quickly.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

fuller brush hasn`t been around here for a long time
    get better dale!
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Sorry about your shoulder Dale!

Take your time healing!