Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jet Table Saw

Jet Table Saw

I've been looking at this the past couple of times I've been to Rockler. Does anybody have any opinions, good or bad?

Thanks

Randy

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?O...Select=Details

I heard no complaints about any Jet tools, Randy. And while I have no experience with this saw it's not much different from my Delta contractor saw. Just a little less HP, but at 300 lbs it's a nice heavy saw. Of course it's not a cabinet saw, but neither is mine and I get by well enough with it. No complaints. The HP shouldn't be much of an issue if you have 220V in the shop. The manual should show you how to rewire the motor.

The Jet gets great reviews on Amazon. That is one heck of a mark down if it is the same saw.
    http://www.amazon.com/JET-708300K-JW.../dp/B0000223M8

For $50.00 more it maybe worth checking out the
    RIDGID 10 In. Cast Iron Table Saw Model TS3650
    It has a 36" rip capacity.
    http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...cStoreNum=4168

Man-o Man ... Having to choose between two great table saws!
    Life Is HARD! .... ......
    Last edited by Dave Trask; 12-06-2007 at 09:18 AM.
    Donít have the best tools, don't use the best woods and projects donít always turnout perfeck.
    I just feel the need to work with wood!

that is a nice saw, don't have any experience with it but have heard good about them

i agree about the ridgid though....i abused my dad's for a couple of years doing cabinets on the side. it took everthing i could throw at it. the 36" rip capacity is a big help. it's also left tilt...didn't see which tilt the jet was

chris

Randy...
    I just bought the JPS-10TS which has a slightly better fence, and is the 1 3/4 HP version. AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING. When I bought it, I thought I made the wrong decision because I opted NOT to get the cast Iron wings for it. There is absolutly NO vibration with the steel wings. Took about an hour to assemble it. (Maybe longer but I really didnt keep track.) The 708480K is my new baby. BTW Very heavy too! Very little adjustments were required straight out of the box. I think All the JET saws are a good buy. That's my take

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Burt View Post
    The HP shouldn't be much of an issue if you have 220V in the shop. The manual should show you how to rewire the motor.
    The 115 vs 220 will make no difference, you will not gain any more HP by changing.
    As said, make sure this is a rt or lt saw, if a left tilt, seems like a good buy with the two cast iron extensions. I don't own this saw but do own other Jet tools and have been very happy with them. Good luck with your search

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)
    Randy I have had that TS3650 too. It's one heck of a work horse.
    I replaced it with a cabinet saw "Only" because dust collection is a big thing for me these days.
    I don't have any experience with the Jet but have heard good reviews on some of their products.

DT

That was Jet's base contractor saw for several years, and was always well regarded. The fence is pretty basic but most owners say it's plenty functional. It's hard to find a better new saw for $400 IMO.
    Got Wood?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Donley View Post
    The 115 vs 220 will make no difference, you will not gain any more HP by changing.
    Didn't mean to imply that, Scott. My understanding is that you get more torque, hence less motor drag, on heavier cuts when wired to 220.

Sounds like a good price on a good saw, Randy. I've got the Ridgid TS3650, and in the bang for the buck category (and for functionality), I'd put it up against any other contractor saw I've seen. However, the price Rockler has right now on the Jet makes it hard to beat. Like I said, it's a good saw at a good price.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com