Tires........

Stuart Ablett

A Japanese buddy is looking for some tires, they are ending up HARD to find, he wants BF Goodrich Radial T/A 285/70R15 Seems that BF Goodrich does not make them anymore :eek:

Anyone know of a good online shop that might have some stock left?

I know that shipping to Japan will be KILLER, he needs two tires. His other option is to buy FOUR new wheels and FOUR new tires........ :dunno:

Cheers!

Yep, found them too Greg, thanks, sent them an e-mail. I know he would not want the "Whitewalls" but they are supposed to have black walls too.

Lee, it is a full sized Dodge camperized custom thing (hideous to my eyes but each to his own) :dunno:

Stu,

I had to go back to an old database prior to us converting our existing inventory system to see if anybody had these. We showed a couple stores, but I called them and these were already sold or disposed.

I found the specs for the tire, had to go back to 1999, and the overall diameter for the BFG was 30.8 inches tall. The closest thing still made by most manfacturers in the US would be a 31x10.50R15 at 30.5 inches tall. If you can find anybody with a 32x11.50R15 that would be just a hair taller.

In the US the sales of these 15 inch sizes have diminished over the years and not many people are making. These have been replaced with 16 and 17 inch product.

Also, there is some legisitation being proposed for aged inventory. Anything manfactured over 5 years should be taken out of service. To be proactive at the stores we are drilling and scraping any tires manfactured prior to 2001. So finding the actual BFG will be tough.

If your interested I can email the pdf spec sheet for the BFG just as an informational piece, it exceeds the file limits size or I would of attached it here.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Randy

But, on the other hand

he had a thumb and four fingers.

I worked for Firestone for over 10 years, my father worked for BF Goodrich for over 42 years. Explain to your friend that he really wants Yokohoma because they are a good local brand, or Michelin because they are the best.

Fuzz-stool: you can get better, but you can't pay more.:doh: