Never enough storage for tools in the Shop/Garage

Tom Hoffman

After attending a Waterloo Ia Woodworkers Tour of Shops meeting last August and SWMBO commenting "Why can't your shop look nice and neat like those other shops?":huh: (I knew it was a mistake to take her to the meeting):dunno: We came up with a fix for the clutter problem.:D

Cabinets001.jpg

Cabinets002.jpg

Cabinets008.jpg

Cabinetsdone002.jpg

Cabinetsdone001.jpg

They are made using plain BCX for the cases, maple with some figure in it for the face frames, and Birch Plywood for the doors. All were painted white inside and several coats of Marine Spar Polyurethane for the doors and face frames. SWMBO kept saying. Its just for a garage, its just for a garage, its just a garage.......:D

Watch your step, I'm Drooling on the floor......

I have slobbered myself and may surcome to great dispare as I want some in my garage (why we call it a garage when a car never sleeps there)....

Thanks, I think, for the post..... :thumb:

Bruce, I know what you mean, I have to open a lot of doors to find what I want, I am getting better at remembering where stuff is. They were very satisfying to complete and to start to fill with "stuff".

Tom....

thats alot of fillun the bud:D but they turned out real ni8ce i agree i would get lost lookun for the tools... wasnt good at concentration either.. could name them like we had in school shop.

Looks great to me! :thumb:

I would get some of those little brass or gold colored
windowed holder thingies and label what's in each one.

DT

Table saw has to stay out on the floor. all the floor tools have a home on the floor, all the hand tools and hand power tools were normally on top of them, so it made it very hard to just go out and start or continue to work on a project, you always had to clear off the surfaces first. That was a pain.

As far as labeling things, by the time I bend over to read the labels with my bi-focals, get them in focus, I might just as well open the door and look.

I have enjoyed your comments.

Here is a link to another forum that I haunt, it shows another major wood project that I completed this summer.

http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=50600

Have a good one....

Welcome the the forums, Tom. :wave: Man, that's some nice storage. :thumb:

BTW, I tweaked your username a bit. Check your PMs or your e-mail for details. ;)