Nova DVR-3000 and Nova 3000 bed extention close out

Stuart Ablett

I thought I'd post this here as well.......

Woodcraft <- link

This is the bed extension for the Nova 3000 and the Nova DVR-3000, regular $179.95 on now for $89.95.

Woodcraft are doing a close out, I've heard that Nova will NOT be making these extensions anymore, so if you have the older lathe, this could be a rare chance at getting the extension, and the price is CHEAP, heck I've already got one more than stock, but for $90, I'm thinking of getting a spare :D :doh:

Just to make sure you all understand, these are extension beds for the Nova 3000 and the DVR-3000.

THEY WILL NOT FIT THE NEWER DVR-XP AND THE NOVA 16-24 :D

Great price for sure! :thumb:

EDIT: Free shipping this month at Woodcraft as well! (for the guys in the US that is)

Last edited:
The Bed design changed on the new DVR-XP and the 16-24, they are not selling the old DVR-3000 or the Nova 3000, and they have stopped making bed extensions for the old models, so I imagine they are clearing away old stock.

Nova%20_1.jpg

New DVR-XP, the bed is wider and the sides are sloped outwards.

dvr-3000-bed.jpg
The old one, the sides are kind of square, they say the new design is much more stable :dunno:

I have a DVR with 2 extra extensions (that I only add as needed), giving me over 5 feet of turning length. That is sure a sweet deal, but is there any reason to want to turn more (or any place to get a piece of wood straight enough to turn more)?

Charlie, I have the DVR 3000 with one extra extension, not the two like you do, I could see getting a second extra extension, especially at this price, and knowing that they are no longer made, but yeah, what would I be turning that length? :huh: :dunno: I did not get one, as I think it would only set in the Dungeon collecting dust, also I really do not have the space for it, and I've have to add onto my lathe stand.

I guess if you had some really long pieces like columns for a front entrance or something, but most of the time, you can do that is segments, much like the coat rack that Curt recently showed.

This was more of a heads up for guys who have the standard set up, with no extra extensions. I have just the one and it is sure nice to have, you can just slide that tail stock down to the end out of the way, without taking it off the bed.

Cheers!

I like the price, but I think I will pass. I did a finial on a number of 5 foot posts (in ipe, to be really exciting), but getting a 5 foot long post to be straight and stay straight through the turning was exciting. See the back (and front) posts on the planter at www.plesums.com/wood/other/planter.html

If you leave the steel dowels out, and just bolt the extension on, it can be removed, so I only add them (or the second extra one) when needed. My two car "studio" doesn't have room to leave both extra extensions on.

Thanks for posting the bargain... I would have missed it.