Am I the only one?

Something is happening to me....am I the only one......no smiles on the page.....just empty boxes.......No buttons......edit........post.....reply....just empty buttons....

I'm not having this probelm at the other site that uses this software......

Not seeing it here, Ken. Try logging off the site, deleting any FW cookies, then logging back in. See if the kick-starts things.

No problems here, Ken... Try logging out, close your browser, open browser and log in again. See if that clears it.

:doh:Sheesh, the blond guy slipped in to the front of the line.....

:rofl::rofl:

Well.....I've deleted cookies and temporary Internet files and it was absolutely no help. It's really strange because everything is fine at the other site I frequent. I've checked everything in my user CP.......

?

I don't know what operating system or browsers that you guys are using that are having troubles. I am using Linux with Firefox and Opera and both work fine. If you are using Windows with IE I would suggest downloading the latest Firefox and giving that a try. It would just take a couple of minutes to see if that is your problem.

Last edited:
Ken, bottom left corner of your screen here, does it look like this..........??

on.jpg

Do all the things say "ON"

Dunno why mine says HTML "Off" but the other three say "ON"

Check that please :wave:

Also in the Users CP under "Edit Options"

thread_display.jpg

Are all three of these boxes checked?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Mine says the same thing Stuart.
Well, it must be Vaughn's fault :D :wave:

I just checked that that is a default setting in the admin CP, in fact it says it SHOULD be set that way, not allowing HTML and is "STRONGLY RECOMMENDED" to be set that way, so we shall leave it alone :D

Last edited:
Ken, if I disable my security it works fine, I have made no changes on my side and my browser works fine on other VB forums with security enabled. This problem started last night. Good luck.

Hi All,

I have the VERY LARGE LOGO next to each thread listing and fourof the logos at the top of the page. I have tried closing security (ZoneAlarm) and also separately tried changing the setting Stu mentioned and saving unchecked and then rechecking them and returning to FWW with no luck.

Tried three other forums that all use vBulletin with no problem.

Where is Greg Cook when you need him?

Attachments

• FWWscr.jpg
    FWWscr.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Bill,

The "show avatars, signatures and images" only affects the posts... I have avatars and sigs turned off all the time...makes the loading faster and I can check the members avatars and sigs by clicking on their name/profile in needed). I do keep images clicked so I can see all posted pics.

Are you running any Norton Antixxx software?

What browser are you running, and are you running the latest version?

And.....we do NOT want to open the forum up to HTML posting...:eek::eek: That could result in a real headache!