something else i can't do with a broken arm

Hi Dale :wave:,
What do you mean a broken arm, did you get one ?
I really like the Einstein relief. Surprised you were not so thrilled with those results that you gave up everything and became a carver extrordinaire as your life's choice. Assuming you have a broken arm:dunno: I wish you well... and thanks for joining in with us all.:thumb: tis a mixed bag of nuts!:rofl::rofl:
Shaz

Broken arm sucks. Since you can't do any woodworking how about working on the shop, like organizing and cleaning? I have no idea what condition your shop is in but I bet there are some things that could keep you busy.

So Dale does this mean that you are stuck carving in only one direction? :rofl::rofl::rofl: Sorry to hear about the broken arm but on the positive side it is not that bad a time of year to be layed up. I hear that a good hot rum is good medicine for a broken arm.

Best of the season Drew

I like both pieces, Dale. (Saw them on your website a few days ago, too.) Sorry to hear about the arm, but in time, it'll heal and you'll be back at it before the weather warms back up. ;)

Sucks about the arm, I've broken my left arm twice and my right one once. Left arm was busted in two spots one time, above the elbow and at the wrist, so I had this HUGE cast that did not let my whole arm move, I had to rig up a bent piece of coat hanger to be able to close the fly on my jeans :eek: Yes, the was during high school :doh:

Hope you heal fast! :wave:

Hey Dale, just thought of something:rolleyes:.
Clay! I have a friend that does the face carving about that thick, 3/4" only she does it with clay. Much less torque needed:D. Wish I knew some one handed jokes to cheer you up but I am not much of a joke kind of guy. :dunno:
Hang in there, oh by the way, what were you doing that you ended up with a broken arm at work?
Shaz :)

Dale
Sorry about the arm................
Why not take up painting, requires one arm until you heal.
You can drink coffee with one arm, I'll put the pot on.

thought of clay, thought of painting but being left handed and not smart enough to break the right arm makes things more trouble than worth. it is a big enough job to feed myself. there are other things that have been a learning experience also.

Hi Dale :wave:,
Your right hand is probably very happy you are finally paying it some attention! :rolleyes: :rofl:I have heard left handers are very creative, fortunately you did not break your mind just your arm. :D Hope you take hold of the opportunity and find a way to enjoy this peculiar time without both arms.
Stay in touch, keep us abreast of your progress. Ok?
Shaz :)

if i'm not sleeping i am on this thing. son and grandson show up saturday. the residual pain is a lot less but still am having problems raising the arm. one handed typing is getting better. got bored enough to dig up a notebook to work on right hand penmanship. plenty of time to go visiting but can't drive.

thought of clay, thought of painting but being left handed and not smart enough to break the right arm makes things more trouble than worth. it is a big enough job to feed myself. there are other things that have been a learning experience also.

I can agree on the learning experience. I'm RIGHT HANDED, and in the 7 th grade, I broke my right arm immediately above the wrist, (a pie shaped wedge was broken out) playing in a football game. I was kind of surprised that except for writing, there weren't many things that not having use of that broken arm hindered me from doing.:dunno: The Big Surprise came when I had surgery on my LEFT hand while in High school. We all wore Levis that were the "Button Up" type, and to my amazement I discovered that I absolutely could NOT button those Levis with my right hand,:doh: and I had never realized that before. There were several other surprises too. I actually caught on to passable writing left handed pretty quick, but buttoning those Levis was a time consuming and arduous task up to the day that they removed all the drainage tubes and bandages from that LEFT HAND.

Good luck with the mending time and recovery, and keep looking for something to keep you from getting too bored.:thumb:

Sucks about the arm, I've broken my left arm twice and my right one once. Left arm was busted in two spots one time, above the elbow and at the wrist, so I had this HUGE cast that did not let my whole arm move, I had to rig up a bent piece of coat hanger to be able to close the fly on my jeans :eek: Yes, the was during high school :doh:

Hope you heal fast! :wave:

Motorcycle riding?

yes, i broke my arm last week at work. yes, this truely is mixed bag of nuts. i feel right at home. vicodin is your friend.
dale

I couldn't take that stuff. gave me nightmares I couldn't handle. I had shingles and went 6 months with out ever sleeping more than 3 hours at a time. But all though the codine suplemented pain killers handled the pain my mind was too crazy on them. Be glad that you can take them...

Broke a wrist last year on Mothers day but the only real discomfort there was the setting and the cast as they cast it bent in a very strange manner and the cast got tight. Had to slit it a lot but all ended well as I have pretty much full mobility..

Garry