Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something else i can't do with a broken arm

Hi Dale ,
    Your right hand is probably very happy you are finally paying it some attention! I have heard left handers are very creative, fortunately you did not break your mind just your arm. Hope you take hold of the opportunity and find a way to enjoy this peculiar time without both arms.
    Stay in touch, keep us abreast of your progress. Ok?
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Johnson View Post
    there are other things that have been a learning experience also.
    You can work on one handed typing on the forum

Just trying to put some humor into it. Have a good day.

WoodWorking, Crappie Fishing, Colts, Life is good!

Good new is, you still have one good arm to hug that little cutie with.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

if i'm not sleeping i am on this thing. son and grandson show up saturday. the residual pain is a lot less but still am having problems raising the arm. one handed typing is getting better. got bored enough to dig up a notebook to work on right hand penmanship. plenty of time to go visiting but can't drive.

thought of clay, thought of painting but being left handed and not smart enough to break the right arm makes things more trouble than worth. it is a big enough job to feed myself. there are other things that have been a learning experience also.
    I can agree on the learning experience. I'm RIGHT HANDED, and in the 7 th grade, I broke my right arm immediately above the wrist, (a pie shaped wedge was broken out) playing in a football game. I was kind of surprised that except for writing, there weren't many things that not having use of that broken arm hindered me from doing. The Big Surprise came when I had surgery on my LEFT hand while in High school. We all wore Levis that were the "Button Up" type, and to my amazement I discovered that I absolutely could NOT button those Levis with my right hand, and I had never realized that before. There were several other surprises too. I actually caught on to passable writing left handed pretty quick, but buttoning those Levis was a time consuming and arduous task up to the day that they removed all the drainage tubes and bandages from that LEFT HAND.

Good luck with the mending time and recovery, and keep looking for something to keep you from getting too bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Ablett View Post
    Sucks about the arm, I've broken my left arm twice and my right one once. Left arm was busted in two spots one time, above the elbow and at the wrist, so I had this HUGE cast that did not let my whole arm move, I had to rig up a bent piece of coat hanger to be able to close the fly on my jeans Yes, the was during high school

Hope you heal fast!
    Motorcycle riding?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

yes, i broke my arm last week at work. yes, this truely is mixed bag of nuts. i feel right at home. vicodin is your friend.
    dale
    I couldn't take that stuff. gave me nightmares I couldn't handle. I had shingles and went 6 months with out ever sleeping more than 3 hours at a time. But all though the codine suplemented pain killers handled the pain my mind was too crazy on them. Be glad that you can take them...

Broke a wrist last year on Mothers day but the only real discomfort there was the setting and the cast as they cast it bent in a very strange manner and the cast got tight. Had to slit it a lot but all ended well as I have pretty much full mobility..

Garry