Bedside table

Bryan Cowing

In my rush to get it built I made a few mistakes. Forgot to check for square once the base was clamped up. Slightly out so the drawer sticks out on one side a little. I didn't put enough glue on one mortise and tenon joint and it came loose. I must buy some more disposable brushes for that job instead of trying to smear glue with my finger! I used shop left overs for the base. I should have noticed the grain on the legs and put the best at the front! Christmas gift for a granddaughter.
IMG_4420.JPG

Last edited:
nice design there

bryon we are always our worst critics,so you dont need to down grade yourself,, it is what makes it specail its homemade for your grandadaughter and if ihad huge gouge in it she would still be pleased... it was from grandpa.... i like the look and and next time you will make changes to your procedures we all make mistakes and then we learn from them... so keep the presses rollin and show us your next projects.. :thumb: let us know what the facial expresiion is when she see's it and then tell us that thewre was a mistake somewheree nevr gonna happen grandpa:)

bryon we are always our worst critics,so you dont need to down grade yourself,, it is what makes it specail its homemade for your grandadaughter and if ihad huge gouge in it she would still be pleased... it was from grandpa.... i like the look and and next time you will make changes to your procedures we all make mistakes and then we learn from them... so keep the presses rollin and show us your next projects.. :thumb: let us know what the facial expresiion is when she see's it and then tell us that thewre was a mistake somewheree nevr gonna happen grandpa:)
Ditto what Larry said (with some minor rearrangement of letters :D)

Bryan, I don't think your granddaughter will notice any of that, but will love the piece. If she's like mine, all she'll say is, "Lookee what my grampa made me!":thumb:

That looks great Bryan. A pair of nightstands is my next project. I've been working on them in my head for a bit. I just may cut some wood come January ;-)

Bryan, as others said we are our biggest critic, go easy on yourself and learn from you mistakes...I've told myself that before...doesn't always work. :D Great looking table and wonderful gift. Well Done.:thumb:

Looks wonderful to me.

Mistakes are called "CHARACTER" which you have.

Your granddaugher is going to love it.

Bryan,

Everything I've ever made has been hopelessly wrong. People love them just the same, and I'm sure your granddaughter will treasure that! Believe me, it's *way* better than anything I could do! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Good job on the tables Bryan. Mistakes to us are see by others as character. I had to make a table like one in my house for someone once. They were actually disappointed as I didn't make the same mistakes on theirs. I ended up trading them tables in the end. :dunno:

I agree with Larry. Grandpa made it so it is perfect. I am keeping a 4 legged stool that my son made one day when I was at work. He was around 8 or 9 and made from some scraps that were in the shop. It has a 1/2" rock because the legs are not all cut square but sometimes rocking back and fore helps me think. Its perfect.