Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass cabinet - finished

Glass cabinet - finished

Good day

So here she is finished...

The sides and doors glasses are 5/32" thick attached with strips and screws...just to be on the safe side in case my wife throw something on me and misses....

The back is a mirror, backed with 5/16" plywood that is held also with screws...for the same reason...

The shelves are 1/4" glass

Regards
    niki

Wonderful !

Beautiful case Niki ! Excellent design. Did you also make the other pieces next to it ?
    Don Orr

Woodturners make the World go ROUND

Well Done Niki! From the looks of things in the case, your going to need to make another one for more crystal?
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Thank you so much

Don
    I'm "not guilty" for the design...it's my wife's job
    Yes, I made also the other units...you can see them a few posts down "TV stand".

Jeff
    My wife said that another unit on the other side, will be "too heavy"...and I said, Aha...the rest of her "collection" is stored safely in the attic

Regards
    niki

Niki, that's a gorgeous cabinet, very well done, and it looks as if you made the credenza too??? They match so well. Nicely done.

Nancy (8 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Thank you so much Nancy

Yes, I made also the "credenza"....I did not know that it's called credenza...for me, it's just a cabinet or in this case - TV stand...(I searched Vikipedia for "credenza")

Regards
    niki

Excellent job, Niki! The whole set is very attractive, and finely crafted. A tip of the hat to your wife for the design, and a pat on the back to you for the realization of the design.

Bravo
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Thank you so much Vaughn

You know, from one side, I don't have any problems with my "client"...that's what she wanted - that's what she got but...I don't know if you had this experience, in the middle of the work: "Can you make it like this"...."Oh sure, I'll just change the plan a little bit"...

Two days later..."Actually, it might be nicer if you can make it like that"...."Well, uuum, ok, I'll make the change"...

It repeats itself 10 time on every project...now you can understand why I don't make any cutting list...I'm cutting one step, finish and than the next step...

No really, she is ok...she use to work with me for a few years so she knows what I can do with my tools (and skills) and she is "tailoring" the project accordingly...did you noticed that all her designs are square...well, she don't like the rounded ones...to my good luck...

Regards
    niki

Niki, Very beautiful. My wife wanted something similar, when I researched the project, the glass was going to be the most expensive part. Did you use tempered glass for all of it or any of it. Everyone I consulted with said that 1/4" plate was not strong enough and I should go to 3/8" tempered for the shelves and tempered for the doors too and the sides.

I would be interested in hearing the details.

Thanks.

Tom

Guess I did not read the details on your first post. I was so busy looking at the pictures. Again, the whole project is beautiful.

Tom...