I'm going to catch grief for this....but .....

while I'm probably capable of designing my own dust collection, I didn't want the headaches or take the time to do it right now. My vertigo attacks until about 4 weeks ago had gone from one every 6-7 months to multiple attacks daily. I was getting frustrated and my concentration wasn't what it should be to attack something like that.

So I contacted Onieda and paid an engineering fee for them to design the entire system for my shop.

A few bucks and couple of weeks .....today it arrived.

A 2.5 HP Super Dust Gorilla.....It arrived while I was out of town working. I just finished moving the 13 boxes at 531 lbs. total to the shop from my carport.......through the snow.....I had them furnish the metal snaplock pipe. I wished I could have afforded the spiral lock.....but ....I want to retire in 2 years.:rolleyes:

BTW....I'm now on medication and until Wednesday and yesterday I had not had any vertigo attacks for 4 weeks. Each day I only had one very minor attack. Now I have to reduce my sodium intake and increase my water intake.

Hopefully over the Christmas holidays I'll get it installed. We'll see.

Last edited:
Ken,

Congrats on the DC, but.....that's Great News about your attacks!! :thumb::thumb: Hope you continue to have fewer, or none, eventually. :clap::clap:

I do look forward to seeing pics of your new DC system. Sounds like it's gonna be a nice one.

No grief from me, Ken. At least you got a DC system... I still can't say that, but I make do. I'm also glad to hear the vertigo is more under control. :thumb: That can be a major bummer and it certainly makes one change habits. That was one of the major sypmtoms of three minor strokes I've had (last one in '93) and the vertigo caused me to have to sell the bike I had before the Harley. Thankfully they went away in time, but I literally lived on Meclazine for about 6 years so I know where you are, my friend. Just don't over do it, but you know this already.;)

Glad your feeling better. Nothing wrong with getting a little help with things. Ones health is more important than who designed your dust collection.

This is Karl.............in the Dells.............looking west...........wishing I was closer to I D HO-HO-HO...........so's I could come over and help.

You know I would. Yep!!! :wave::thumb:

Looking forward to the finished pics.

Karl

No grief here either Ken, I say do what you gotta do.

My dad used to suffer from Vertigo, scary stuff. Lady I knew from the bank had vertigo attacks real bad, to the point she wasn't able to function. She had a operation and is 100 % better now.....all the best from here.

Karl, if you're headed to Idahoho, wait for me an Larry to catch up with you....we'd have a blast for sure and could bring a little Old Style to a friend in need.:thumb:

Ken, my only grief...no pictures! :rofl:I know you have nothing but boxes, but that didn't stop you with the mustard or mm did it! :D Glad your attacks are fewer and far between. Congrats on the new DC, can't wait to see it all put together. Will that make the shop complete? :dunno:

Karl, if you're headed to Idahoho, wait for me an Larry to catch up with you....we'd have a blast for sure and could bring a little Old Style to a friend in need.:thumb:

Not sure they'd let us take OS accross state lines. :dunno::D

If we were to go, how much OS would we have to take to insure Ken would get some once we got to I-D-HO-HO-HO????? :dunno::rofl:

Would a pick-em-up be enough, or would we have to take the whole beer truck? :rofl:

Karl

Swing through Des Moines and I can give you guys a refill or two!!:wave: You might have to switch to "the beast" (like the sign on Larry's shop wall).

Good grief there ain't no grief Charlie Brown!!

Seroiusly, I think you would be much happier and better off with a professionally designed dust collection system. I know there are knowledgable people on here, and I know you have the intellect and skills to design a system, but dust collection, and any vacuum system can be quite complex.

My father was a medic in Vietnam and I am quite sure he could take care of most situations if need be, but I still visit my doctor and Chiropractor because their licenses and certificates do actually mean something. He knows that, just as we know that there is no shame in seeking professional dust collection design help.

In fact, as you put your system together, if you ever run into an a "un huh" moment...you know where you see where they did something unique or interesting, and then you figure out why, please share with us so that we can all learn.

Not sure they'd let us take OS accross state lines. :dunno::D

If we were to go, how much OS would we have to take to insure Ken would get some once we got to I-D-HO-HO-HO????? :dunno::rofl:

Would a pick-em-up be enough, or would we have to take the whole beer truck? :rofl:

Karl

ahummm ahummn its purty dry over hear and i thought i heard the name of ken and the beast in the same story when we levun? yup i was grinnun like christmas turkey when i got that one jeff.. and ken those boys now there stuff had a compettior help me threw the first round and if you were closer i could have helpd ya out in the pipe department. go getum tiger.. idaho aint that far and i have truck can travel:)

Last edited: