Radiant Ceiling Heaters?

I heat my shop with a 35000btu propane radiant heater. Shop size is 16 x 26 and I could have got away with a 25000btu but with the insignificant difference in cost went to the larger one. The heater is 12 long and sits at one end and works very well. The idea of a radiant heater being it heats objects in the room. The floor being an object and will say that the concrete floor in my shop is never cold. Nor are any of the tools that I pick up to use. Love the radiant heat as shop heat, wouldn't consider anything else after having experienced it. I think the ticket is to not to ask the heater to do more then it is capable of. Much like the forced air furnace one might use to heat their house. If the furnace is to small to heat the area you are living in you are going to be cold all the time.

I heat my shop with a 35000btu propane radiant heater. Shop size is 16 x 26 and I could have got away with a 25000btu but with the insignificant difference in cost went to the larger one. The heater is 12 long and sits at one end and works very well. The idea of a radiant heater being it heats objects in the room. The floor being an object and will say that the concrete floor in my shop is never cold. Nor are any of the tools that I pick up to use. Love the radiant heat as shop heat, wouldn't consider anything else after having experienced it. I think the ticket is to not to ask the heater to do more then it is capable of. Much like the forced air furnace one might use to heat their house. If the furnace is to small to heat the area you are living in you are going to be cold all the time.

Rob you hit the nail on the head there. You really have to match the btus to the heat loss and degree days of your location and the shop itself. A heater can be too big or too small. Either one will result in frustration.

As for radiant heat. I kick myself in the hiney for not putting pex in my concrete floor. I even thought about it before I poured the floor and then talked myself out of it. There is no question that is the only way to go.