Just like to say hi and introduce myself

John Zottoli

I'd like to say hello to everyone. This is my first posting here, so I guess I'll start off by telling you a little bit about myself. My name is John. I live in Gainesville, Georgia. I'm 58 and I'm a retired signpainter. Woodworking has been a hobby of mine for about 30 or so years. I'm not a professional by any means, but I'm not a novice either. I've sold some of my work at flea markets and such, and I've done a few custom jobs as well. I've Also built just about all the furniture in our home, (including the kitchen cabinets), and in my children's homes as well, and I've had a lot of darn fun over the years doing it all too.

I find some some of the new tools they make now totally amazing. Like that Table saw that knows the difference between a hand and a piece of wood, and shuts down immediately if it senses a hand, leaving the operator with just a slight injury, rather than a lost hand. Amazing! Anyway, I'm looking forward to meeting all of you and maybe getting some of you to answer questions I may have from time to time. I also hope that in some way I may be a help to someone else as well. Merry Christmas!!

Wellcome John, I see you're a lucky guy, retired at the age of 58 means that you have now all the time of the world to do what you like to do.
I like it to to build my own furniture, and I did that for 30 years ago, but after moving over to another town 25 years ago, I miss the place to do that.
My shop is just big enough for woodturning, so after my retirement in 2001, I decided to spend my time on woodturning. Merry Christmas. :wave: