Pen Swap Partners (closed)

Gord Rock

Here is the list of Pen Swap Partners. I made a table with the names of the participants, as shown below.

Then I printed it, cut them apart, put them in a hat - well, actually a box:rolleyes: - and had LOML draw them out one at a time.
These are the partners for the Pen Swap in the order they were drawn.

1. Kevin Brown & Doug M Jones

2. Gord Rock & Stuart Ablett

3. Dale Johnson & Chuck Ellis

4. Vaughn McMillan & Pete Jordan

5. Gari Biasillo & Bobby McCarley

6. Tyler Wood & Nancy Laird

7. Frank Fusco sends to Barry Stratton
Barry Stratton sends to Billy Burt
Billy Burt sends to Frank Fusco

I hope everyone enjoys making their pens and receiving the pens from their partner.

Thanks everyone,
.....Gord:wave:

P.S. Doesn't it just figure I'd be the one who has to send a pen to Japan!!:rofl::rofl:

Thanks Gord!

Vaughn, Don't you have to have a "working" lathe to participate?
Ouch! I guess I could find the MT1 mandrel and turn one on my Wilton mini.

Nah, I'll bet I can have the PM powered up in time to mess up a few pens between now and Valentine's day.

I think you will be turning redwood trunks by then!

I look forward to the exchange and if the pen I make for you doesn't turn out well, you can always regift it.

Last edited:
Maybe by Valentines day I can get some consistency in my CA/BLO finish. Some turn out great and some not so hot. Gotta get through the Christmas presents I need to make this week and then may take a couple of days away from the lathe. This old fat man is not used to standing on concrete as long as I have been recently.

Should be fun,

Doug

Don't worry, Frank, it'll be special. I'm thinking sumthin in The University of Texas colors, you know, like Pernambuco & Holly.:rofl:

And I just realized that I'm getting one from a fellow Mustard owner. SWEET!

Last edited:
careful what you wish for. my daughter with a fusco original. if i remember right it won some award. she is quite proud of it and has it displayed in her room.

Dale, that picture made my day. Let us not tell them what award it was. ;)
Cute girl. My daughter and her husband visited for a couple days, left yesterday. Treasure them while they are at home. Some day, Daddy will become a distant #2. That's a fact of life.

Same here Gord...got the message and thanks for the reminder to all.

I've been saving Pete's address for months, but I just went and checked, and in my current state of shop disarray I was unable to find it. So...Pete, can you PM me your address? And let me know if you need mine again. :wave:

Sorry, been out of the loop for a while. Changing job's has me doing double takes. I'll have Nancy's pen done in a week or so when things slow down to a furious pace, from the crazy pace I'm at now. We have to get them there by Feb right? No problem. Sorry Nancy, I as hoping my name would get lost so no one felt shafted by what I send them.:D

Sorry for the late response/aknowledgement. Bobb and I have exchanged details and I purchased my pen kit yesterday, so everything is a go here!