Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sick of looking at Holliday Cutting Boards?

Sick of looking at Holliday Cutting Boards?

If not, here's some more. My pitch to the customers is that all my boards are original pieces, so I have to keep reaching farther to come up with new designs. The first is white oak,red oak, mahogany, and walnut. Second is cherry, maple, walnut. The third pic is a variety of boards from a variety of woods (can you spot the osage orange?), the largest is 18"x22"x2". Merry Christmas Everyone, Barry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails sw cutting board.jpg   country cutting board.jpg   six cutting boards.jpg  

WOW Those are really spectacular. I will take one of each....

Tom...

Wow, I'm very impressed. Those are all great-looking boards. I can relate to the need to keep stretching your designs farther and farther.

Thanks for posting the pics, Barry -
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Those are great looking cutting boards. I really appreciate the effort put into a nice cutting board. To me, for some reason, they are very special projects. That's probably because I only make them for special people. I never have sold one. They are always made to be gifts.
    ________

Ron

"Individual commitment to a group effort--that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work."
    Vince Lombardi

Very nice collection of boards, But.... Original does not neccessary mean "One of a Kind" A board can still be original and still have several Brothers & Sisters. Just that the design is original to their "Daddy"

"Daddy" done good, now go forth and duplicate a few of your own designs which are still "Original Works by You" .

Barry, great looking boards. What's the one in the third picture lower right made of?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    Very nice collection of boards, But.... Original does not neccessary mean "One of a Kind" A board can still be original and still have several Brothers & Sisters. Just that the design is original to their "Daddy"

"Daddy" done good, now go forth and duplicate a few of your own designs which are still "Original Works by You" .
    When I was making a lot of cutting boards, I really didn't like repeating any of my designs. A lot of the fun for me was trying to come up with something different for each one. I'd make similar boards, but never any two alike.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

cutting boards??? These are works of art! Who would cut on these? They need to be displayed as art! Great work!

Tom

Anybody that takes a knife to one of those should have a knife taken to them. Very nice.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/

Dang, Barry! Way to rub a guy's nose in it. Okay, I know that wasn't your intention. And I had, nor have, the desire to put that much work into making mine. If I find a market for them, that would be different. But these (yours) aren't the made from the scrap box stuff I made for my kids. Like Tom said, these are works of art. And beautiful art at that. BTW, my favorite are the two little ones. What is the wood... other than the OO that is? The grain is spectacular! And I won't even get into the one made wit rounds and facet cuts. Holy moly! One little mistake there and...