New Blade is great fun...

Bill Simpson

Finally happend, I broke a blade, been a couple of years (almost). Was re-sawing some 4X4 Maple, cutting true and straight, "Click", "Click", "Click"... "Hmmmm...? Is that my blade?" POW! Yep, that were the blade.

Okay, follow the suggestions I spout about on how to set up a saw. Un-Plug saw...Clean out all the litter, back off and check the guides (upper and lower), release the tension, etc. New blade uncoil and make sure the teeth point down, Oops, they don't... turn inside out, now they do....
Set the blade on the crown of the wheels and check by hand the operation, smooth, more tension, recheck, adjust tracking tilt (what? No tracking necessary, Cool!) Now move the thrust bearings to paper thickness from the blade (while hand turning the wheels) Next the side guides and tighten, re-check and all is in place, Spin a few turns to be sure. Replace the throat plate and the peg in the table slot. Install blade guard and close the doors. Start it up and I hate to use old cliché, but "Butter with a hot knife" comes to mind....

Was it a high dollar blade? Nope the 1/2" 3tpi from Harbor Freight, I have used several of their blades and have been well satisfied. Do not like the Ridgid brand blades, junque in my opinion.