The Boxed in Boiler

Looks good, Travis...

On your manifold board, what are the red and blue hoses? PEX Material? Hot water lines for your floor heating(red) and cold water lines (blue)? Is the Black Box (Munchkin(?)) the water boiler?

I've been reading more on your "2lb" system. Very interesting!:thumb:

Oh to answer your question, yes I used Pex and the red and blue lines are also for domestic hot water. Before I poured the slab I ran the in-floor radiant lines, but I also ran pex lines through the concrete to my bathroom sink, shower, toilet, etc. That way I did not have to run them through my walls. The blue lines you see are the cold domestic water lines. One such line goes up to feed my boiler, while the other go into my slab and over to my sink, shower and toilet, while another is stubbed off awaiting installation of my hot water storage tank.

As for the Munchkin, its unfortunate but they no longer make it. Different design now, but I got this one on a close-out special. 1500 bucks which I thought was pretty reasonable.

Just a thought Travis as you are dealing with a small inquisitive child. I would avoid the louvers on the lower part of the doors if you do go that route as little fingers can get in there and either get stuck or break the louvers out. It might be nice for your wife if at all possible to figure something with hooks to hang up clothes on making it a functional space for the laundry room.

Drew