Well it's been about a year since I started this! Work was VERY busy for me this year so shop time up until a few weeks ago was bascially non-existent. I thought I'd share with everyone where I am.
All that is left to do is sand the aprons and put a BLO/mineral spirits finish on the top. I also need to make a new vise jaw. This one was from left over scrap. Once I put the final jaw on I'll cut the dog holes for the vise.
I'm also going to let the top settle in for a year and then tighten up the apron barrel bolts and install plugs.
The top was a blemish from Balley Block. It was slightly cupped but a couple of hours with a #5 and #7 I was able to get the bottom flat. For the top side, I used an old #4 as a scub plane to knock off about 1/16th of an inch and then flattened with a #5, #7 and smoothed with a #4 1/2. It's now very flat....
Eventually I will add a cabinet to the bottom. But for now it's time to go back to making furniture.
Thanks for looking!