If Walls Could Talk...

Okay...spill the beans...what do you have taped, thumbnailed or pinned to your shop walls in the way of signs?

I thought of this question the other day when I asked my Secretery to get a Decimal Equivilent Chart from one of the vendors we order our machinist tooling from. When it arrives I will have that pinned up, along with a sign about wearing Hearing Protection and Safety Glasses...signs that were bought, but never put up at work.

I laso have one other admission, but one I am not proud of. I have some pictures of scantily clad woman pinned up. I know its not right, but I call my shop Vegas Shop because like Las Vegas (my favorite American city), "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas". I figure its my space so I will decorate it as I like.

So now that I am blushing from my admission, what's up on your shop walls?

John Deere wall clock, Chevy bowtie, couple of antique car show banners, couple of customized license plates, decimal equivalent chart, Johnsons workbench calendar, Delta woodworking tools banner.

I don't really have any walls (nor do I really have a "shop" I guess :D ) but I have built a 10' x 16' temporary awning over my temporary 8' x 16" deck that I use to work under. When I started putting together the carcasses for my latest cabinet job I found that I hadn't put in any pocket holes in one of the exposed cabinet sides before starting the assembly. I had to dig out my Kreg rocket and do them on the cabinet. So, I got a scrap piece of plywood and wrote in BIG letters "POCKET HOLES" and put the sign directly over my torsion box on one of the 2 x 4 temp roof members.

Of course, being the bonehead that I am, I still forgot to put some in, including a couple of important ones on the inside of a 12" deep upper where a drill with the long Kreg bit won't even come close to fitting. As I was maneuvering the cabinet around and getting ready to drill a hole freehand, I started to slide the cabinet off of the other side of the table but it stopped all of the sudden. What stopped it?....the cabinet hit the "Pocket Holes" reminder sign that was hanging down. :rolleyes: :eek: I am SUCH a bonehead.

Wow Gail...what exactly do you mean by that:rofl: Why don't you get a sign that does not beat around the bush and come right out and say what you really mean.:D

Great sign of course...well for the right shop! At work we have a new woman starting tomorrow. Its an all male machine shop with some pretty old fashioned ideas, so its going to be interesting. Myself I think she will do fine.

tools, tools, lumber and shop cabinets covered with drawings from my most prized and proud possessions .....my children

I have a sign that says - "Caution - Women at Work - Cook your own Meal"

You must be closely kin to my wife except her's would just say "Cook you own meal" period.

My only sign other that my fractions, decimal, millimeter conversion chart is a one that was given to me that says "This Is A Workfree Smoke Place". I would have some Playboy and Cheerleader calenders up but they are all in my room.

I have one of those Chainsaw motorcyle Dolmar calenders, and a pic of my Dad in his workshop (he builds the sweetest RC airplanes!) and some of my kids, my wife, and my brothers family too.

No girly posters, my daughters come and work in the shop with me, and besides that, my wife outshines any pin up model, IMHO! :thumb:

I make duck and other game calls. For design ideas I posted this chart behind my lathe. Strangely, none of my calls has ever resembled any of these.

Attachments

• wall hanging.jpg
    wall hanging.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 14