just a little showing off

Frank Fusco

My daughter and son-in-law came from Colorado Springs for a short Christmas visit. He is in the Air Force and she is going to college. While they were here, we went fishing on the North Fork River. Got a pic of me and daughter and me with the only fish caught for the day. It is near the camera and looks about four times bigger than it actually was. Almost big enough to use for bait.

Attachments

• Dad with fish.jpg
    Dad with fish.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 72
  • small Danielle and Dad.jpg
    small Danielle and Dad.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 83
Good to see you had some quality family time, Frank. Hope you had room in the freezer for all the fish steaks you must have taken home. :p

So...I'm guessing your daughter got her good looks from her mother's side of the family? :D

Frank, you have a lovely daughter, but your catched fish, hmmmm, a little bit bigger the next time. Merry Christmas for you and your family :)

Nice pictures gramps. It's always great to share the holidays with family. By the way, are you around Goats Bluff in that picture? If so, that's the lowest I've ever seen the North Fork... We still need rain.

Got a pic of me and daughter and me with the only fish caught for the day. Almost big enough to use for bait.

Frank
It is not too late to edit your post

...........Leave the picture of you and your daughter. Your daughter and you want to remember the good times, not the bad times.

Would be ashamed to post that picture of the poor fish.

DELETE the fish picture....PLEASE:doh::doh::doh:

Pretend this is yours.

catfish1.jpg

Bob, you must have caught those little catfish below one of the dams around here. Either at Bull Shoals Lake or Lake Norfork. I cook up a mean fish fry with catfish, those would serve a few folks. ;)

Yep, she is Daddy's little girl all right. A very late in life 'surprise'. Twenty years younger than her brother. And, no denyin' she is pretty. Did pageants and won most she was in. Even competed in the Miss Teen Arkansas. Was a very talented dancer until a knee injury ended that. Now getting straight A's in college with a political science major. Wants to come back to Arkansas after her husband, and maybe her also, retire from Air Force, then run for Governor. Wooden thet be sumptin' ?

Sounds like a great time Frank, but I know there are bigger fish out that way!

OK, as far as the teeny fish is concerned. I did release it. I could see a lot of trout in the water and even the die hard fly fisherman near us that day weren't catching any. This small river, only 3 miles long, has produced several world record rainbow and brown trout. Every year a couple are pulled out in the 30 to 40 pound range. Five pounders are not unusual. That day, they weren't hungry.
BTW, we were standing near a rip-rap wall, the water was about normal and rising slightly.