Thread: How I spent my Saturday.....

How I spent my Saturday.....

Well, we have been trying to find time to get pictures of the 2 older dogs, one of which we are afraid won't be with us next Christmas as he is failing pretty fast. We drove over to our favorite picture taking spot in Dallas, north of I-635 on Beltline Rd. This is a residential park in the middle of 1/2 to 1 million dollar homes!! It is the same place the picture of Cory in my avitar was taken many moons ago. We took 55 pictures. The wind was strong, and very chilly, but the dogs were troopers and we got some really special shots. I'll show you one here. It will be in the top 5 or so of the pictures we took today, and may be the one we use on our Christmas card. Yeah, they'll be LATE again this year!
    Dalton is on the left, and Cory is on the right. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1866i.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	15549
    The other shot shows just how worn out Dalton was on the way home. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN1877i.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	15550I shot that while waiting in line at a stop light.
    They got to split an order of crispy chicken strips from KFC as a treat for being such good dogs.
    Maybe I'll get some shop time in tomorrow. I did stop by Woodcraft and get some gel stain to try on the way home. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Regal, majestic creatures. I had an Irish setter years ago when I lived in CA.
    I loved that dog.
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Bruce took the words out of my mouth. Regal looking animals. You'd never know Dalton was pooped from that first pic.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Wow, Bruce and Glenn and I all seem to be on the same page! I took a look at that pic and immediately thought what regal looking dogs! That is a fantastic pic! How old is Dalton? I'm sorry to hear he's on his last leg, but I'm quite sure you have given him some great years! Who knows, he may surprise you too!

Thanks guys.
    Ed, the two are litter mates. They turned 12 last June 10th. It was a litter of 6, Cory was the first born, followed by 5 boys. Dalton was the next to last born, but the first of 4 in the litter to finish his AKC Championship.
    So for a big breed, they have done quite well, age wise. Their mom made it to 13 1/2. I have no doubt that Cory will do at least as well. We are having trouble with Dalton eating, and therefore he has lost about 13 lbs in the last year. He has something going on internally. We decided not to do a biopsy to see if it's cancer, which it probably is. It wouldn't change what we will do for him at this age. No way would I put him through chemo. We have already lost 2 from the litter to cancer. Another one that lives in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota is starting to go down hill.
    Well, enough of that. We'll enjoy them for the time we have with them. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Gorgeous dogs, Jim. Irish Setters have always been one of my favorite breeds. Great photo, too.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Beautiful dogs. 12 years old, I thought they looked a little gray around the muzzle.
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    ... I thought they looked a little gray around the muzzle.
    Sounds like most of us here.
    Nice looking dogs Jim. Too bad you're not closer. They look like China's type of pals.
    --------------------------------------------
    Link to my ongoing ClearVue DC Install on CV's site: http://www.gallery2.clearvuecyclones...s-Mini-CV1400/