Memorable TV or movie line?

Or somewhat less obscure:

1. "A man's gotta know his limitations."

2. "Two days ago I saw a rig that can pull that tanker...you want to get out of here, you talk to me."

3. "I vote we take off and nuke the site from orbit: it's the only way to be sure."

4. "Is it supposed to be so...juicy?"

Last edited:
Or somewhat less obscure:

1. "A man's gotta know his limitations."

Dirty Harry - but not sure which

2. "Two days ago I saw a rig that can pull that tanker...you want to get out of here, you talk to me."

Mad Max Beyond Thunder Dome?

3. "I vote we take off and nuke the site from orbit: it's the only way to be sure."

Hmmm, not quite there on this one.

Wes

Last edited:
Just watched this one again, which might provide a clue:

"Spill on aisle three ... Spill on aisle three ... Spill on aisle three"

The only thing close I can come up with is the shopping scene in Mr. Mom - but that was various aisles with a punch line like "Herb I was never in aisle five!".
I give, anyone else?

Well, I guess it's a little obscure. In the movie "Trapped in Paradise" with Nicholas Cage, the 3 Firpo brothers rob a bank in a sleepy little town ... on Christmas Eve. The manager of the store where they bought their ski masks figures out what happened. But instead of taking the info to the authorities, he decides to cash in by catching the crooks and taking the money himself. His "slow" clerk (Clovis) asks if that's the right thing to do. The conversation between them goes something like this:
Shouldn't we tell the police?

Say 'Spill on aisle three'.

Spill on aisle three.

Ya like the sound of that? Do you want to say that for the rest of your life?

No.

Well then, let's go!

OK....​
Later, when the big FBI man is questioning everybody, the reason behind their bungling (and obstructive) antics is about to come out in the open. Clovis panics and starts the "chant":
Spill on aisle three. Spill on aisle three. Spill on aisle three!

Sorry ... if they require THAT much explanation maybe I shouldn't submit 'em.... :doh:

Last edited:
Art, I thought that was Groucho in "Animal Crackers". Maybe I am disremembering.....it wouldn't be the first time.

Well, it has all the hallmarks of an "old joke", so maybe it was also in a Groucho movie. But it was also in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.

It's on the IMDB quote page for the movie...
Caracticus Potts: How was India, Grandpa?
Grandpa: How was India? I'll tell you how India was. I got up this morning and I shot an elephant in my pajamas.
Grandpa, Caracticus Potts, Jemimah, Jeremy: How an elephant got in my pajamas, I shall never know.
Grandpa: You've heard it before.​

...art

Here's my favorite line......it got the actor who said it the part as Dean Wormer in Animal House.........

"Senator...where I come from they have a saying ......Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining....."

If you have to edit this ......I"ll understand....

#1 guy: "She just vanished..."
#2 guy: "People don't just vanish Jim, it is a molecular impossibility"

Hint........ It's a TV show, QUITE popular...... :D :wave:

Yes Carol it is, Gil speaking to Brass, the one where the student goes missing as she is about to catch a cab to the airport, Chaos theory.

I don't know, but I think that it might have been an homage to Star Trek :dunno:

:wave: