Best wax for table saws?

I use pure Carnuba, it is hard to find now, but it is available, use to find it at True Value Hardware. Red and Gold Can. Most all paste waxes have Carnuba in them, but not 100%. It also is very good on furniture too.

Tom....

I use Johnson's Paste Wax as well. It is in with the cleaning products at Lowe's if you have one near you.

In addition to the cast iron on the table saw, I use it on the red oak fence on my router table. I also put it on the MDF ZCI on my table saw...makes it nice and shiney.

I second what Matt said. Avoid anything that has silicone in it. The reason being is that it will penetrate in to your work pieces. This will cause a lot of problems when it comes to applying stains and finishes.

Last edited:
Ditto . . .

Johnson's paste for whatever ails 'ya. Best thing for hand planes and handsaws also. Protects against rust AND slicker than snot on a door knob.

Johnson's Paste Wax here as well. BTW, the more pure carnuba the harder the wax is. This means it leaves a great finish but warm up your elbow for the application stage.

I hate to be the odd man out, but I use Johnson Paste wax.

(I'm still the odd man, but for totally different reasons.) :rofl: