Drill-Press - accurate fence setting

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

For long time I was looking for some "reference line" to set the Drill Press fence distance easily and accurately and I'm talking about accuracy of a caliper...

The idea came to me from the router table fence setting that I made long time ago.

I used 8mm rod, measured with caliper but, you can use any diameter.
And, because I used 8mm rod I used 4mm drill bits (half the dia) as you will see

And the rest is on the pics

Regards
niki

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Niki: once again, I learn something new that will help. I will soon try a method to organize bookmarks to your posts so they may be indexed and quickly referenced.

Am I correct that after a period of time, FW forum stops saving and displaying the graphics but will keep the text part of all messages? If this is true, then a lot of your ideas must be "rolling off" the servers, at least the pictures.

Thanks.
Ken

Niki, if you haven't wrote a book on all of this you really should think about doing that. Thanks for all good advise. It is appreciated. :thumb:
Bob

Thank you so much

Ken
As long as I post the pictures from another site (Photobucket), the pics are actually pieces of text or more correct, links...

So, as long as the post itself is not deleted or my Photobucket account is not deleted (and it happened to me once) the pictures will stay in the post...

But...you can save all the post including the pictures....

Open the post...

Click on "File" (left upper corner)...on the drop-down menu...

Click on "Save as"...a "Save as" window will open...

On the "File name:" you can type whatever you want or, leave the already typed name.

On the "Save as type:" click on the black triangle tab and from the drop-down menu select...."HTML file with images" and...

Click on "Save"

Normally, it will be saved on the Desktop (but you can change it) and later, you can Drag and Drop it into a different file.

When you'll open the file, it will open with your internet browser

Robert
I did not write a book and I don't have any intentions to...as long as I can go to the garage that is much more interesting that sitting in front of the "Word" :)

Regards
niki

Yeah, I agree with Bob, titled "Niki's Specialty Jigs and Fixtures" Sub-titled, "A no-nonsense approach to woodworking"
I think I'm going to have to go back to all of your posts and save them in a Word doc. file! Great ideas!! Jim.

...Am I correct that after a period of time, FW forum stops saving and displaying the graphics but will keep the text part of all messages? If this is true, then a lot of your ideas must be "rolling off" the servers, at least the pictures...
No sir, that would not be correct. ;) We fully intend to keep the pictures that are uploaded to this site available for viewing permanently. There have never been any plans whatsoever to let any pics roll off over time. From the get-go, we've recognized that pictures are one of the key assets of a site like this, and we plan to strongly support assets like that.

We encourage people to upload their pictures to the FW servers, so we can ensure the pics are available for years to come. Photobucket is a pretty substantial company, but a number of the smaller picture hosting sites are only one or two buyouts from being offline, thus making the pictures go poof.

Right now, we've got plenty of space for pictures. As of tonight, we are using 1079.41 MB of 51200.00 MB of disk space we have available. In time, we'll need more space, but at the current rate, not for quite a while. :thumb: