Thread: Drill-Press - accurate fence setting

Drill-Press - accurate fence setting

Good day

For long time I was looking for some "reference line" to set the Drill Press fence distance easily and accurately and I'm talking about accuracy of a caliper...

The idea came to me from the router table fence setting that I made long time ago.

I used 8mm rod, measured with caliper but, you can use any diameter.
    And, because I used 8mm rod I used 4mm drill bits (half the dia) as you will see

And the rest is on the pics

Regards
    niki

Niki: once again, I learn something new that will help. I will soon try a method to organize bookmarks to your posts so they may be indexed and quickly referenced.

Am I correct that after a period of time, FW forum stops saving and displaying the graphics but will keep the text part of all messages? If this is true, then a lot of your ideas must be "rolling off" the servers, at least the pictures.

Thanks.
    Ken

Niki, if you haven't wrote a book on all of this you really should think about doing that. Thanks for all good advise. It is appreciated.
    Bob

Thank you so much

Ken
    As long as I post the pictures from another site (Photobucket), the pics are actually pieces of text or more correct, links...

So, as long as the post itself is not deleted or my Photobucket account is not deleted (and it happened to me once) the pictures will stay in the post...

But...you can save all the post including the pictures....

Open the post...

Click on "File" (left upper corner)...on the drop-down menu...

Click on "Save as"...a "Save as" window will open...

On the "File name:" you can type whatever you want or, leave the already typed name.

On the "Save as type:" click on the black triangle tab and from the drop-down menu select...."HTML file with images" and...

Click on "Save"

Normally, it will be saved on the Desktop (but you can change it) and later, you can Drag and Drop it into a different file.

When you'll open the file, it will open with your internet browser

Robert
    I did not write a book and I don't have any intentions to...as long as I can go to the garage that is much more interesting that sitting in front of the "Word"

Regards
    niki

Yeah, I agree with Bob, titled "Niki's Specialty Jigs and Fixtures" Sub-titled, "A no-nonsense approach to woodworking"
    I think I'm going to have to go back to all of your posts and save them in a Word doc. file! Great ideas!! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Quote Originally Posted by Jim O'Dell View Post
    Yeah, I agree with Bob, titled "Niki's Specialty Jigs and Fixtures" Sub-titled, "A no-nonsense approach to woodworking"
    I think I'm going to have to go back to all of your posts and save them in a Word doc. file! Great ideas!! Jim.
    I would certainly purchase such a book.
    Cheers, Frank

Thank you so much Jim and Frank

But as long as I can walk to the garage without help - no book

Merry Christmas
    niki

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Close View Post
    ...Am I correct that after a period of time, FW forum stops saving and displaying the graphics but will keep the text part of all messages? If this is true, then a lot of your ideas must be "rolling off" the servers, at least the pictures...
    No sir, that would not be correct. We fully intend to keep the pictures that are uploaded to this site available for viewing permanently. There have never been any plans whatsoever to let any pics roll off over time. From the get-go, we've recognized that pictures are one of the key assets of a site like this, and we plan to strongly support assets like that.

We encourage people to upload their pictures to the FW servers, so we can ensure the pics are available for years to come. Photobucket is a pretty substantial company, but a number of the smaller picture hosting sites are only one or two buyouts from being offline, thus making the pictures go poof.

Right now, we've got plenty of space for pictures. As of tonight, we are using 1079.41 MB of 51200.00 MB of disk space we have available. In time, we'll need more space, but at the current rate, not for quite a while.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com