lets see your last minute gifts.......

jim capozzi

merry christmas to you and yours

i am working on a couple of last minute frames for a dear friend of the family they should be dry and deliverable tonight i hope i will post a picture or two later on when they are assembled with the stuff inside . i made them out of maple and used purple heart for the splines.
a lite golden pecan stain followed by 3 coats of semigloss poly. waiting for the final coat of finish to dry so i can assemble them. pictures later on when i can handle them safely :D

Attachments

• frame 1.jpg
    frame 1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
  • frame 2.jpg
    frame 2.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 36
  • frame 4.jpg
    frame 4.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 20
  • frame 5.jpg
    frame 5.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I started this cherry quilt rack yesterday morning having realized that I was not going to complete the oak glass-front display case for Margaret in time to give it to her for Christmas.

Quilt Rack -small.JPG

There is a piece of the cherry that I used to the right. I assembled it using pocket holes and inserted walnut plugs into the holes to serve as a decorative touch. So far, there is one coat of Danish Oil on the quilt rack. I will apply additional finish after Christmas.

No last minute stuff for me this year, which is very uncharacteristic of me. It's almost a tradition for me to wait until the last minute to finish my Christmas shopping (and shop work), but this year I'm ahead of the game. The only gifts I made this year were a hollow form out of my current stock and a few predator (coyote) calls a while back.

This year I did none of my shopping in a store. Everything was ordered online. No mall crowds to fight. I didn't even have to wait in line at the Post Office to ship gifts to my family in New Mexico. I print and pay for my USPS shipping labels at home. The local Post Office folks know me and know that my packages are already paid for and ready to go, so when they see me in line, they motion for me to come to just the counter and drop off the package, even if there is another customer at the counter.

Someone on another forum posted some cute reindeer. I knocked one out for fun on the band saw. My big mistake was letting LOML see it. So at 2:00pm today the herd creation began. And here we are . . .

Attachments

• Reindeer-herd-1.jpg
    Reindeer-herd-1.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Reindeer-herd-2.jpg
    Reindeer-herd-2.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 62
I did sorta the same thing, probably from the same site, I like how you did the tail and back area.

IMG_0174.jpg

I just posted mine on a thread called"best present ever". I made to rocking chairs for the kids in less then a week.:eek: This has only been possible due to having a sprayer system.