Let us see the woodworking related Christmas gifts that you received

Frank Pellow

Here are the woodworking and construction related Christmas gifts that I recieved:

Woodworking related Christmas gifts -small.JPG

The main gift, of course is the DowelMax. Everything else will help me to work with warm hands and feet outside, to see on off-site jobs with adequate lighting, to scrape really dirty material, and to be able to easily locate the right hex key.

A doweling jig is the first thing I ever bought from Woodcraft Supply about 25+ years ago when they were a catalog mail order company. Wasn't the same one you have but very similar. I still use it, while I like the quickness of biscuit joining, there is nothing as good and strong as dowel joint (IMHO).

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine !! :thumb:

Mine will have to wait for 3-4 weeks when my check comes in from the insurance company. I will be a 17" bs from Grizzly and a Hitachi combo router kit. The wife is starting to notice the nicer the tools the nicer the gifts that come out of the shop.

two more

I now have two more gifts to gloat about.

Presents from Kathleen and from Isla -small.JPG

My Grandaughter Isla (almost 8) picked out the handles. They are real rocks and Isla was very very excited about giving them to me. I will work with her to design some appropriate furniture for the handles.

The Gorilla Gripper works well. I have already tried it on a 4x8 sheet of MDF which was something that I had difficulty moving in the past. No more :D

These are stock photos, but I got a Ryobi Corner Cat sander which looks to be a pretty respectable corner sander.
41f9a1c5-1c31-4e19-b0bd-ee50baf8b8a8_300.jpg

Also got the Hose Garage for my Festool vac which is something I never understood why they didn't have before.
494388.jpg

Woodworker's Christmas!

There was saw dust and wood chips in Santa's bag this year! :santa:
I had a great woodworker's Christmas! I can't wait to try the lathe out.:D

Jet Mini Lathe VS

Crown 5 Piece Full Size Turning Set - from Rockler

2 - 24in and 2 - 50in Bessey K-Body Clamps

Grr-Ripper

The Bandsaw Book

The Tablesaw Book

2 Lowe's Gift Cards

Attachments

• JetVSmini_lathe.jpg
    JetVSmini_lathe.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Turning_tools.jpg
    Turning_tools.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Grr-ipper.jpg
    Grr-ipper.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 10
  • K-bodyClamp.jpg
    K-bodyClamp.jpg
    1.6 KB · Views: 4
  • bandsaw_book.jpg
    bandsaw_book.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 4
  • tablesaw_book.jpg
    tablesaw_book.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 7
Wow Sean...you must have been a very good boy this year. Is this your first lathe? Whether it is or not, congrats. You got some great tools. (As did everyone else in this thread.)

Matt, I know my little Ryobi 5" ROS has been a real workhorse...the corner sander looks like it'll be real handy.

Nice hauls by all...

OK Bruce, I give...what model is it? :) Can't tell for sure, but it looks like the D50.

Whatever it is, you're right...it is a tool. I use my camera on pretty much every woodworking project I do.

Wow Sean...you must have been a very good boy this year. Is this your first lathe? Whether it is or not, congrats. You got some great tools. (As did everyone else in this thread.)

Matt, I know my little Ryobi 5" ROS has been a real workhorse...the corner sander looks like it'll be real handy.

Nice hauls by all...
Vaughn,

It is my 1st lathe! I'm pretty excited about it. I have never turned anything before. Some time in the near future my Dad and I are going to take a turning for beginners class at our local Rockler. In the mean time I'm going to give it a go, just some spindles to get a feel for it.

Any advise from the turners in the Family is appreciated!

Here's what I got, a Steel City VS mini-lathe. It was an early Christmas - I think I got it about mid-October, as I took it to Phoenix when we went to see Mike Vickery et al. It's really a honey of a little lathe. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten to turn much on it because the laser business has been keeping us busy. Click on the picture to see the specs on this baby!!

Nancy

Y'all are so lucky! As for me, I got hosed, just like the dad in the commercial last year.

In fact, I got hosed so bad, I'm going to order a new miter gauge for myself. I got hosed so bad, (and knew it in advance), I made up a bunch of other girls' names, and wrote them on all the tags for Doorlink's presents. (To: Monique, From: Doc... To: Marcia From: Doc... ;) Much hilarity ensued on Christmas morning... ;)

So, what do you guys think about incra miter gauges? ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Y...So, what do you guys think about incra miter gauges? ;)

Thanks,

Bill
I love my Incra 1000SE. With a sacrificial face attached (they even supply the T-bolts), it's a great tool. I also have a Jointech Smart Miter, which is good, but the Incra is more accurate for me.