Introduction

Gary Roberts

Greetings all

I think that once upon a time I tried to register here, but for some reason it didn't take. But then I had a concussion three months ago so perhaps that isn't so.

In any event, after lurking for a while I opted up. Seems like a very nice bunch of people at a set of forums that I will certainly be coming back to. I've been a hand tool guy for many years, plus seriously into the books and ephemera of the same as my blog and website will attest to. Started out online at rec.woodworking, moved to the Oldtools list and then on to various forums and blogs. It's a great world out there online that's expanding our chosen avocation, or addiction however you want to look at it.

I'm a library type in an engineering research lab, a collector of way too many tools, a user of the same and equally if not more devoted to ephemera and books. But of course my wife, Amy comes before all of that along with our two Maine Coon Cats. Gardening when I have time or when things look overgrown... which is to say I'm replacing plants with bushes and trees. Anything that will grow on it's own with only occassional trimming and care.

Best
Gary

Welcome aboard Gary. :wave: I only had a few minutes to glance at your website, but I'll definitely be going back to do more reading when time permits. Very cool stuff, and I'm sure a lot of others here will agree. Glad to have you here. :)

Wellcome Gary, hope you have a great time here.
Took a very quick look to your website and weblog, but like Vaughn I have to go back to read it all well. Merry Christmas

Thanks folks

It's hard to find forums that don't resemble the rec.ww anything goes flamers. This one certainly fits the title of Family Woodworking.

Happy Holidays
Gary