Stu,
Don't forget that he's got to have a special shelf for the stuff named
"don't do this again stupid" I got me a great big one of a shelf:D

Chuck

Stu,
Don't forget that he's got to have a special shelf for the stuff named
"don't do this again stupid" I got me a great big one of a shelf:D

Chuck

"A" special "Shelf"......... only one......... :eek: Man, I've got a few of those bit sitting around the Dungeon, sure glad my walls are concrete, I can't nail stuff to them (easily) :D

The Wolverine Jig and white wheel arrived from WoodCraft today. About 2 days ago I picked up a full face shield and a super cheapo turning set from HF. HF had the $36 set, but they also had an 8 pc $9 set. I got the $9 set for sharpening practice. If I can get a good edge I'll probably use them a bit. I figure that you can't get a cheaper way to learn shapening of turnng tools than $9.

Something interesting that I found out at HF was that the store prices might be differnet than the net prices. For example, the $36 turning set had a $49 price sticker on it. The manager there said that if I printered out the web page and brought it in, they would match the price.

Unfortunatly I've been pretty busy lately, and not in the shop. :(

Here are a couple quick shots of my lathe, grinder setup (Wolverine Jig set up for my 3/8in Sorby Bowl Gouge), and one of my Dad practicing on the lathe:thumb:.

I don't have a permanent home for the grinder so it gets clamped to the table saw when I an turning.

Attachments

• Lathe01.jpg
    Lathe01.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Lathe02.jpg
    Lathe02.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 5
  • GrinderSetup1.jpg
    GrinderSetup1.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10
  • GrinderSetup2.jpg
    GrinderSetup2.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 9
  • GrinderSetup3.jpg
    GrinderSetup3.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 13
  • Lathe03.jpg
    Lathe03.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 17
Sean,

Please use the wheel dresser more often. The gray stuff on the wheel surface was steel removed from your tool. Too smooth a wheel won't have enough abrasion to grind your tool; it would just cause overheating.

Your bowl gouge has a traditional grind on it. A fingernail grind may be more versatile; the Varigrind would help.