Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever post anything? start here

Ever post anything? start here

Hi folks,
    My name is Robert Schaubhut, I go by Shaz, and I am new to this Forum stuff and Threads and Posting and alot of stuff that is old hat to computer people. The only reason I feel comfortable joining in these conversations is because the people here like woodworking, and I, always wanting to be an educator feel my 25+ years experience in woodworking gives me a good base of information and experiences to draw from. My skills have been honed a bit due to people willing to help me over the years,and mistakes I have made which stand out clearly as things not to do. We all have strong points and weak in our skills, our talents, education, experience, ability to express ourselves or whatever but nevertheless YOU are valuable and so is your input, your questions, even a comment to another person's message can validate the fact that "they had something that someone else found worth responding to." Doesn't need be long winded. (like me):soapbox:
    If I were new to woodworking I would be intimidated by this method of question asking, or if my computer skills were "beginner" (they are) I would be shy, trying to work through this.
    I have been finding out that my spelling errors are over looked, my computer illiteracy is accepted and when I ask stupid questions, people help me. Many people here have suggestions for any questions, careful what you ask
    It will be a better place for all of us if YOU join in.
    Try Posting something in this Thread just to practice posting to see how it all works. post as often as you need here , til you get comfortable and then head for the threads of your chioce. If you have a question about posting ask it here, I won't answer it cause I don't know nothin about the technical stuff, but somebody does. Enjoy ,,, but join in!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

How can we help YOU get involved in the Family Woodworking?
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Thanks Robert, I trust that this will encourage some shy people to post here at Family Woodworking.

Please, please folks do not feel intimidated. This place is only as good as the members who participate. :soapbox:
    Cheers, Frank

Shaz, thanks for offering encouragement to the quiet ones.

Regarding spelling and such, I learned a long time ago that there aren't enough hours in the day for me to correct all the spelling errors on the Internet, so I gave up. As an editor, that takes some serious willpower.

- Vaughn (a.k.a. The Spelling Ninja)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Way to go Shaz!

Yep, this place IS the members!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Vaughn....would it be possable to insert a spell checker into the fourm... I know they have them in some fourms just didn't think about it cause I dont do good with spelling.....lol and I won a spelling bee in the 3rd grade
    Reg

Hey Reg...when you respond... click on this in the upper right of the response box...

Glenn,

Where is that command at? I can't find it in my response (reply) window...

Greg

The spell checker is in the upper right hand corner just above the "smilies corral"

Yep...there it is...them smillies was hiddeing it from us Greg
    Reg