Hey you Festool sander guys........

Stuart Ablett

....... I've not got a Festool sander (yet) but I set up my very own sanding station, with an overhead boom and an overhead vacuum :D

The sander is green, but the wrong green, but the vacuum hose is at least a little closer to Festool green :rolleyes:

sanding_station.JPG

Works great! :wave:

Maybe if you wrapped the hose with black electric tape in a spiral?
My festool hose is actually mostly black with a green stripe at the high ridges.
Otherwise it looks just like a Jestool:D

I can't believe how often this subject has come up in my life in the past week. I was sanding last week when the cord got caught on something and really ticked me off (for the umpteeth time) when I had one of those 'duh' moments and hung the hose and cord from the ceiling. Then the current issue of ShopNotes arrived and there was a - very sophisticated - version of a hose/cord hanger in the reader tips section. Then, this morning, Stu displays the same idea here.

...I was sanding last week when the cord got caught on something and really ticked me off (for the umpteeth time) when I had one of those 'duh' moments and hung the hose and cord from the ceiling. ...

Must be all the dust in the air. I have been frustrated too. And it's such a simple idea/fix! :doh:

Note to self: Add overhead shop vac to project list

Levatation????

ok stu yu been using tomuch incense,, howd ya get the vac to levatate..inquiryin minds need to know... and wont it get in the way of larger projecks?:dunno::huh:

ok david we saw you make the liberty

we saw you make the liberty lady disapear but now we really would like to see the sky hook:huh::huh: also wont it get inthe way of larger projects....:dunno:

Naw Larry, it is just a rope with a hook on it tied to a pipe support on the ceiling, when not in use, the rope and hook just tuck up and away. The Vacuum has a roost out of the way over the Router Table.

Cheers! :wave: