SketchUp--Dimensioning the Small Stuff

I went into Window/Model Info/Dimensions and do not see where I can modify the numbers. (Using a line from Indiana Jones) I must be "digging in the wrong place"(?). I did find that under Entity Info when the dimension object is selected you can 'Align to Dimension' and then position the text "Above" but, this could get ugly at odd angles of view.

I like your way better, I'm just missing something or need a little more specific directions (no big surprise here).

Last edited:
Glenn, sorry I didn't explain it better. Jean-Franco beat me to the explanation. One important thing to note, editing dimensions does nothing to the actual dimension drawn so if you inadvertantly type an incorrect dimension while editing, it'll make no change to the geometry. On the other hand, I can see where while dimensioning something, one might want to indicate a dimension as something like,"to suit" or "to fit available space" or whatever. You could replace the dimension with text if you wanted.
export testskp.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, there it is . . . backslash-n works for me forwardslash-n does not (doh!). Very cool and thanks to both for the follow up. Just keep hittin' me, It'll sink in sooner or later.