She left me speechless (pre-emptive gloat)

Doug M Jones

I made a small box for my mom for Christmas and my wife Cindy came down to watch me for a while. I am a fairly new turner having my Jet Mini about 9 months and have a boxed set of beginner tools that I bought when I got the lathe. I have added a couple of better tools but the budget doesn't always allow what I would like to have. On the way home from mom's house Cindy asked me what my better tools cost. After I told her, she insisted that I use the raise I just got and buy one new tool with each paycheck. She also told me that I should plan on using next years Christmas bonus to purchase a bigger and better lathe, (this years went for my daughters wedding in early December). I know this is a little off topic but I don't know where I would be without Cindy's love and support so I had to share this future gloat.

Hoping you all have a Happy and Joyous new year.

Doug

Doug....Congrats on a wonderful wife!

My wife is older than I. She could have retired 3 years ago. She came to me 4 years ago...told me to find a contractor...build an empty shell...and thus became the 4 year journey of building and finishing my shop. BTW did I mention....she said she'd continue working until I retire....She's paying for the shop....

Some guys are lucky enough to find a woman who loves them..... Hang on to her buddy! She's a keeper!

Do you know how many inquiries as to the marital status of any potential sisters you are going to get? Sounds like a great catch and that love and support are almost certainly returned, I'll wager.

upgrade???

sounds like a new look at upgrading:D we all upgrade our tools perhaps some of us could look into other aspects. you got a keeper for sure. i got one that im happy with so wont be in the runnin!!!

Congrats Doug, for both the upcoming tools and finding a partner like LOYL.

And I don't consider your post to be off topic at all. ;) We'll all be glad to help you spend your new tool budget. :)

We just moved into a house that is three years old. We got a real good deal on it since it was in pre-foreclosure. We did not need any of the money we had saved for a down payment, so my wife told me to build a detached garage for a workshop with it. I have been doing woodworking as a hobby for over thirty years using an attached garage or an unfinished basement. She said she was tired of saw dust in the house. And like a good husband I did what she told me to do. I hope to be making saw dust by spring.

Last edited:
Doug she is definitely a keeper. Isn't is great when you have someone that is understanding. The LOML and I are celebrating 40 years Sunday. She like Kens wife told me I could retire in the next 1 1/2 yrs and she would continue working till I got things in place.