Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pictures of old lathe

Pictures of old lathe

Here is a picture of lathe I just got. 1930s I think. Its a Delta Double Duty Lathe. I got it down to bare metal. I like the look, does anyone know what I can apply to surface to keep this look and still protect from rust? Thanks, Brad

sorry pics are not being sent having technical difficulties. Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Hungler View Post
    Here is a picture of lathe I just got. 1930s I think. Its a Delta Double Duty Lathe. I got it down to bare metal. I like the look, does anyone know what I can apply to surface to keep this look and still protect from rust? Thanks, Brad
    Original Delta Lathes were a dark gray color but if you have it down to bare metal all over and want to keep the look, there is a paint that Auto restorers use that looks like new cast iron, hard to tell the difference. As for the ways etc. Paste wax (wood paste wax not auto wax, never use auto wax on WWing tools as the silicone will contaminate the finishes on the wood.)

Try again with the picture posting as you didn't make it....

PM me.

Does it look something like this? It's in original colors just slightly worn.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Turning 38.jpg  
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

Bart,

That is the exact same lathe! Still working on getting my pics posted.

Brad

Brad... Go to a site" www.photobucket.com/ and open up an account. Post your pictures there. Select the link and copy/paste it to your posting, Easy as can be... But you need a hosting site to keep your pictures ready for display...

Here's Brad's

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    Brad... Go to a site" www.photobucket.com/ and open up an account. Post your pictures there. Select the link and copy/paste it to your posting, Easy as can be... But you need a hosting site to keep your pictures ready for display...
    Yes Photobucket works great but is not needed to to post here size your pictures to 640x480 or a bit smaller & you shouldn't have a problem posting them right off your hard drive.
    "Forget the flat stuff slap something on the spinny thing and lets go, we're burning daylight" Bart Leetch
    "If it ain't round you may be a knuckle dragger""Turners drag their nuckles too, they just do it at a higher RPM"Bart

I have better success with Photo Bucket as the forum keep argueing with me over the size... Personal opinion.

As for the lathe, Nice clean up ... again ... Brad, E-mail me and we can get together to start some idea exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simpson View Post
    I have better success with Photo Bucket as the forum keep argueing with me over the size... Personal opinion...
    As long as the picture is no bigger than 800 x 800 pixels, and fewer than about 107 KB in file size, the software won't have any argument.

In the end, we all get to see the pics, so it's all good.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com