New guy's shop

I just joined the forum and have enjoyed looking at all the shops, so I will try and post some pictures of mine.
My shop is a detached 16 x 24 ft garage. This was an empty shell of a building when we bought the house in Aug. of 2007 with 2 light bulbs, a 4 fuse panel, and a cement floor. It took us 5 weeks to turn it into where we are now, with all new wiring, lots of lighting, insulation and drywall, upgraded hydro with a breaker box, direct vent sealed natural gas wall furnace so it draws no air or fumes from inside the shop to help keep the roof on it, and a sleeve air conditioner.. I hope you enjoy the tour as much as I enjoy being there.

The first pic is my fastener storage as well as my tunes.. gotta be able to hear over that 15 inch planer, with a small fridge on the floor for my water and diet vernors, and of course my furnace for that constant 68 degrees all winter with a small spring clamp rack beside the furnace. The wall is cluttered with yard tools, but I hope to have my new shed built in the spring to purge the yard tools .. to the yard shed..
Second is my bench and general work area, under it is storage for my belt/disc sander, dril press, scroll saw, and pancake compressor. Third is my hand and power tool storage rack, sanding supplies, glue, stain, etc. Fourth is my latest project, built it yesterday, a clamp rack made from white oak, with my air conditioner beside it for those muggy days of summer. Fifth is my 14 inch B/S and portable miter saw station. sixth is my lumber storage and dust collection system with a 6 inch jointer, 15 inch planer, both mounted on casters so I can keep them out of the way when not in use, with my tablesaw in the foreground ( soon to be replaced with a real saw ) And of course my technical advisor on all projects, my best buddy Zeus. Next is another shot of the clamp rack with my home built air filter hanging from ceiling. This works great for keeping the dust down. The final two pictures are from the doorway looking into my shop.
Plans for next year are the new table saw, and a fixed dust collection system.. and then.. well.. one day at a time..

Great website.. I hope to make some new friends here..

Doug

Attachments

• mini-IMG_1306.JPG
    mini-IMG_1306.JPG
    86.8 KB · Views: 236
  • mini-IMG_1307.JPG
    mini-IMG_1307.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 199
  • mini-IMG_1308.JPG
    mini-IMG_1308.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 169
  • mini-IMG_1309.JPG
    mini-IMG_1309.JPG
    57.7 KB · Views: 186
  • mini-IMG_1310.JPG
    mini-IMG_1310.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 182
  • mini-IMG_1311.JPG
    mini-IMG_1311.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 241
  • mini-IMG_1313.JPG
    mini-IMG_1313.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 128
  • mini-IMG_1315.JPG
    mini-IMG_1315.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 161
  • mini-IMG_1314.JPG
    mini-IMG_1314.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 178
  • mini-IMG_1316.JPG
    mini-IMG_1316.JPG
    71.9 KB · Views: 269
Last edited:
That's a shop I could feel good with and spend many hours enjoying. :thumb:

Thank you for the tour Doug.

DT

Welcome aboard, Doug. I enjoyed the tour, and it looks like you got 'er done "JUST IN TIME" to have a nice "Comfy" place to do lots of shop projects during the Cold Winter months. Lookin' Good.:thumb:

Thanks

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.. as far as the picture part down pat.. it is a good thing there was lots of "open" time.. or I would have been in a mess.. it took me almost an hour to get them resized and posted.. :dunno:

Doug