Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you prefer the pictures on a post...

How do you prefer the pictures on a post...

Good day

I would like to ask you, how do you prefer the pics on a post

Thumbnails or full size pictures

The plus of thumbnails is that the pics are uploaded to the forum program and will stay there...but the minus is that you have to "click" on each picture to see the full size.

The plus of full size pics is that you just scroll up continuously but the minus is that if the "Photobucket" album disappears, the pics on the post will also disappear.

Happy New Year
    niki

Niki,

By "Thumbnails"...do you mean Attachments posted using the "Manage Attachment" option? They become clickable thumbnails when posted.

PhotoBucket allows you to post links, thumbnails or full size photos.

Basically, the only reason your album would be lost on PB is if you delete it. Not likely to happen unless you want to. I'm sure PB has plenty of backup resources in case of any server problems...just like this site's hosting company.

If the picture is one I would probably only use once, or only use here...I would most likely post an Attachment at the time, or later. If I want to use the pic again, or other places, I would probably upload to PhotoBucket and post the link here.

Thank you Greg

Yes, by "Thumbnails" I mean the attachments using the "manage Attachment"

I even did not know that with PB I can post thumbnails...I'm posting the full size pics

Personally, when I'm reading a post, I prefer to see all the pics in full size even though it takes longer time to download the pics and open the post but, on my browser I have the option of "View---->No Images" so if I have to open the post another time, I can just see the text and it opens very fast...

Regards
    niki

Niki, there are still quite a few folks on dial-up connections, and the full sized pics can really create a problem for them. (And many of them do not know how to tell their browser to view no images.) Thumbnails are much easier for these people to deal with.

Although I have my own web space to store pics, I prefer to also upload them to the forum server here, just so they become part of the forum content, and will continue to be available as long as the forum is around. (Which I'm hoping will be a longer time than I will be around.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

I have broadband but, just barely due to my geographic location. I have noticed many folks live in areas where its dial up or satellite, neither of which care for 'enriched' content.

I also prefer the posting to the site for reasons of posterity and ease of viewing. I find full size pics a pain. (No offense Niki, I just have a small monitor, love your posts) ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

I guess I don't mind either way. I use the attachments here exclusively, because I've never opened an account with the offline picture housing places. This is just easier for me.
    I do wish that there was a way to have a "Close this window" tab pop up with the picture to make it quicker to get back to the message content. I find it a bit of a hassle to have to get my cursor all the way up to the top right corner to close the window. Even if I could right cick and close the picture window, I'd be happy with that. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

dont mind either way niki just as long as you keep showing us your great ideas and the pics of how you got there.. just use what works best for you.
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!

If you want to speed up your page loading, and not view pictures each and every time you open a post...do this:

Go to User CP > Edit Otions > Thread Display Options and un-click the Show Images options. (I have Avatars and Sigs turned Off all the time.)

Attachment 15913

The posted picture will not be displayed, but the code will show, so you can click and view them if/when you want. This works whether you post using Attachments or an off site hosting program like PhotoBucket.

Wa La
    Last edited by Greg Cook; 09-13-2009 at 03:46 AM.

I've got 100Mb per second here, so it don't matter to me, but if you can do the thumbnail thing, it would be kinder to the guys still on dial ups.

And I'll second Larry's opinion that you just keep showing us whatever comes along in your shop, you are one creative guy Niki!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

I'd like thumbmails which become large (fixed size) when clicked and then open up in another window, full size, if clicked again.