SW hollow form

Jim Ketron

I have an abundance of this wood in the shop I guess I need to get busy turning some of it.
Spalted Ambrosia Maple
10 X 4 3/4
Antique Oil, Buffed

jk45007.jpg

jk45007b.jpg

jk45007c.jpg

alright, I'm a newbie......what is an SW hollow form? I don't get the SW reference; I know what a hollow form is....sorry for the inexperience.

Nathan, Jim's referring to the Southwest style of the form. And no need for apologies...I'm a relative "oldie" and it took me a minute or two to figure out what he meant, too. (And I even like turning Southwest style forms.) Never be hesitant to ask questions around here, because chances are, there are other folks with the same question, but just afraid to ask. (We've all been new at this stuff once.) ;)

And since this is your first post, I'll add:

Welcome aboard, Nathan. :wave:

Nathan, Jim's referring to the Southwest style of the form. And no need for apologies...I'm a relative "oldie" and it took me a minute or two to figure out what he meant, too. (And I even like turning Southwest style forms.) Never be hesitant to ask questions around here, because chances are, there are other folks with the same question, but just afraid to ask. (We've all been new at this stuff once.) ;)

And since this is your first post, I'll add:

Welcome aboard, Nathan. :wave:

Vaughn....if you live long enough......you could be new at this stuff more than once......PDAMHIKT:D

Vaughn....if you live long enough......you could be new at this stuff more than once......PDAMHIKT:D
Roger that...I'm currently on my second go-round with this woodworking stuff myself. I forgot so much of what I learned as a young man that I figure I started nearly back at square one a few years ago. ;)

As an example, I made a few turned pieces in high school, but by the time I got my own lathe a year and a half ago, I couldn't remember the names or proper use of any of the turning tools. :doh:

Well Jim, if your not up to turning the stuff you could just ship it to me! I have a great wood disposal unit! AWESOME PIECE.