Anyone do minis?

Neal Addy

Miniature turnings, that is? If so, let's see 'em!

Open to all. Post 'em if you've got 'em.

I'll start with a batch I did over the holidays for my granddaughter. Sorry for the bad focus; the coin is a dime.

img_4877.jpg

You're sick Neal. Sick, sick, sick. Those are incredible. The ringed goblet looks a little chunky, though. :rofl:

Here's the best I've done so far (early mini lathe practice), but they're nothing to write home about:

Weed Pots1b 800.jpg

This should be a fun thread. C'mon guys and gals, let's see your little stuff.

Naw, all you need is a big dime. ;)

Seriously... grab a pen blank, cut it half, chuck it up, and turn. Takes about 2 minutes to do a simple bowl. Can't ask for a quicker project.

Naw, all you need is a big dime. ;)

Seriously... grab a pen blank, cut it half, chuck it up, and turn. Takes about 2 minutes to do a simple bowl. Can't ask for a quicker project.
What amazes me is that you do it all with a 1" roughing gouge. :rofl:

Seriously, they're good practice for gentle tool control (finials, anyone?), and pretty much everybody has big enough scraps to use for material.

Sorry, I only do maxis! ;)

Actually, there's no way my lathe is up to that sort of thing. It's a big old inaccurate cannon, not an elegant derringer. Alas! ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Not usually quite as small as you Guys, approx. 1/12 scale for use in miniature houses.

But Graham is the one over here who keeps us all in our place if we get to enthusiastic about our efforts as can be seen by the last picture.

Attachments

• DSC01822.JPG
    DSC01822.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01829.JPG
    DSC01829.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC01104.JPG
    DSC01104.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_1412.jpg
    100_1412.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I was hoping Chas would show up and give the rest of the gang some inspiration. :thumb:

If my lathe was running, I'd be making something to show here. :rolleyes:

I've just measured Grahams little bowl of fruit seen bottom right it is just under 1" dia.

He present swmbo with them after our little meet, very kind of him, I'm sure, get my nose rubbed in them whenever I get too pushy about my efforts.

Attachments

• 100_1413.jpg
    100_1413.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Just a little something I found in the shavings this morning whilst doing something a bit bigger:)

Olive wood.

Attachments

• DSC02652.JPG
    DSC02652.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
I didn't think I had done any "minis" ... certainly not on purpose. But I ran across this Gulliver-among-your-Lilliputians item while cleaning out a corner last night. I believe it's a piece of apple.