Got Snow?

Got Snow?

I think Maine has a little. Its actually been a few years since we had this much. We've been getting storm after storm, and its been just cold enough so that its been sticking. This is the second big storm in two days and we have over 3 feet on the ground NOT counting drifts. I got maybe 6 feet on my roof right now so I am thinking maybe a little shovel time is in order.

Car-small.JPG

Road-small.JPG

Porch-small.JPG

Driveway-small.JPG

Got Snow?

I think Maine has a little. Its actually been a few years since we had this much. We've been getting storm after storm, and its been just cold enough so that its been sticking. This is the second big storm in two days and we have over 3 feet on the ground NOT counting drifts. I got maybe 6 feet on my roof right now so I am thinking maybe a little shovel time is in order.
Travis,

Thank you for taking, and keeping, all the snow in your area. :D :rofl:

What is this Snow thing that you talk of ?? ;)

New Years Day here in NZ :D

Of course we did have to brave sunburn and biting insects, and the huge crowd you can see on the beach ;)

No.. I dont want to swap ;)

Cheers

Ian

Attachments

• Kiwi_New_Year.jpg
    Kiwi_New_Year.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 23
Ah, out chasing the young beach babes, huh Ian? :p You Souther Hemisphere folks have it all messed up. The sunburn in the winter and snow in the summer. That's just wrong. :rofl:

No snow here, but we're bracing for a series of three storms that are supposed to be the most rainfall since 2005, when we all nearly washed away in the floods and muds. The recent burn areas are not expected to do well. There's one small stretch of burned hillside I drive by on the way to and from the office that I expect will be in the road by the end of the weekend.

Holy Moly 10ft!!

Quote from CNN.com story on CA storm. I've seen warnings (ie travel not reccomended) before but "...will put your life at risk..." is a new term to me.

Forecasters said the Pacific storms could dump more than 10 feet of snow on California mountains by Sunday.
"Travel is not advised in the mountain areas this weekend. It could be a life-threatening situation for you," CNN meteorologist Jacqui Jeras said Friday.
"The combination of heavy snow and powerful winds will likely cause frequent whiteout conditions at the highest elevations," National Weather Service forecasters said.
"Travel in the Sierra will put your life at risk. Extremely high snowfall rates will make it impossible for road crews and emergency personnel to keep roads passable and to assist stranded vehicles."

Jeff....the reports I saw said up to 10' of snow at the higher elevations ....with wind gust of 150-200 mph possible at the higher elevations.....that'll be some serious weather. I hope the "idiots" are smart enough to stay home out of that stuff! You hate to think rescue crews and highway department personnel have to risk their lives in that kind of weather because "idiots" aren't smart enough to stay at home....

Ken, you have probably seen by now, the reports of the semi trucks that were blown over on their sides on I-84. That is some high winds! Glad I'm not trying to travel to my daughters in Boise this weekend!

Doug