Table saw tenoning jig

Niki Avrahami

In Memoriam
Good day

This in one of the two cases that I'm working without the blade guard (the other case is when I work with the miter cutting sled) but in both cases, my hands are very far from the blade.

The idea of tenon jig riding on the fence is not new, I just made it "rolling"...

As you will see, the two outboard wheels are adjustable so I can cancel any small side play and still have smooth riding of the jig.

What you'll see on the pics, is still during construction. In the mean time, I made a few improvements like, easy operated hold-down clamps and easier setting-up for cutting miter splines.

It "rolls" so smooth and easy that I "copied" the idea also to other jigs...

Regards
niki

T001.jpgT002.jpgT003.jpgT004.jpgT005.jpg

T006.jpgT008.jpgT009.jpgT010.jpgT011.jpg

thanks again!!!

i still say you missed your calling.. why dont you just start your own chapter here on all your great ideas? we can call it "just ask niki" :D:D

Thank you so much

i still say you missed your calling.. why dont you just start your own chapter here on all your great ideas? we can call it "just ask niki" :D:D
The problem is that I don't know to answer many questions :eek:

Niki, what do you do in your “Day Job”? You obviously have a penchant towards engineering and teaching.:thumb:

I don't have any "day job" already 6 years...I'm retired :)
But I was an aircraft mechanic, ground instructor (3 years) and flight engineer (but it has nothing to do with engineering)...

Regards
niki

niki's jigs

Larry, I opened a folder in my doc. and called it Niki's Jigs, that way I don't loose them. I have also done that with several others jigs and plans. I have a very bad memorie and that way I don't loose any thing. Jack:wave: