Wixey Digital Angle Gauge

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
Was over at Woodcrafts today, wasn't able to leave without purchasing something. So I picked up the Wixey Digital Angle gauge. Works like a charm, and well worth the $40. All this time my table saw blade was setting at 89.9 degrees. :dunno: Actually it does have a +/- .1 degree tolerance, so could have been perfect or could have been .2 degrees off.

May be an non-essential shop item, but sure it will pay off in the long run. I guess never thought I needed the Jessem Miter gauge, but have done some of my best work yet with it.

Attachments

• wixey.jpg
    wixey.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I've had one for a while and bought my dad one too. I use it all over the shop. A great $40 investment. I also use it to verify my miter gauge. Clamp the miter bar in a vise vertically with the gauge-head at the floor end, zero-out on the bar and then set the Wixey on the face of the gauge; adjust as required to a perfect 90* or whatever you're after. ;-)

Congrats on the new goods, Darren. :thumb: I recently got the Beall version...the Tilt Box, as they call it. In my case it confirmed my TS was dead on 90º. (Or more accurately, the plastic drafting triangle I used to set up the blade was right on the money.) I'm very impressed with the stout construction and ease of use.

tiltbox_big.jpg

I've not used mine for anything important yet, but it's one of those things that I think will be very useful for the times I do use it. If I ever decide to try segmented turning, it'll be my go-to tool.

If you like the angle gage, you have to try the linear readout for a TS. I have both and am well pleased with them.

As a former Machinist watching the evolutions of digital readouts over the years, the current Wixey products are wonderful in that they are accurate and inexpensive.

Kudos.