Dungeon Overhaul..........In Progress....

Hmmmm Stu and the Cavern just doesn't seem right. Too small to be a cavern. It could be a hobitt hole. Not just a hole in the ground but a clean and neat warm and friendly hole in the ground. Give Stu some pointed ears and take off those shoes to show the hairy feet and stick a pipe in his mouth with some good pipe weed and there you go. What do you think of that? Stu The hobbit sounds pretty good:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok with Ideas like this I have wayyyy too much time on my hands and have to get back to work real soon. :doh::doh:

It is 4 AM, I just rolled into the house, I'm ready, got everything reconfigured for the day, all my tools laid out, I'm one day early!

I hope to keep it this way from now on. The Dungeon will get messy during a build, but I'm going to really try to keep the clutter down. I have two more cabinets to build, providing more storage, and I've already eliminated a lot of clutter, and tossed out a total of four bags of junk, I'll toss another two on Monday (non-burnable garbage day). I'll also be tackling my wood storage rack of stuff, it has a bunch of bits and bobs that are several years old, they too will go to the bin.

Cheers! :wave:

Say Stu...

Where did you do your woodworking before you had this house built? You must have done something, or I can't see why you would have gone to all the trouble you did having them set up the dungeon for you.

And another thing... about the annex. couldn't they have put in a full door between those two rooms, instead of just the hatch? That would have given you lots more space. I'm just thinking, that since the hatch is there, then I'd think that opening it right up to the floor, and maybe a bit taller, to make a reasonable doorway, would not have adversely affected the structure of your house at all. Would it?

Or is this a painful hindsight topic that you prefer not to dwell upon... :wave:

best,
...art

Art,

I've seen a picture of a ladder up to an entrance hatch in the Annex... Looks like the access door we see is just to move stuff between the Annex and the Dungeon. I will try to find the pic...but Stu will surely post it and explain more.

Hey Art.

I used a spot in the basement of the Liquor shop, I had 4 sheets of plastic that rolled up and down like window blinds to keep the dust off the bottles of booze :thumb:

The hatch I had to fight tooth and nail to get, they did not even want to give me that, the wall there is about 60cm or so thick, and is structural. I had long heated debates with the architect about it, he did NOT want to do it, but was finally swayed by my argument about if I ever have a fire (knock on wood I don't!!) I'd at least have some area to escape to, if I could not get out the hatch.

Yeah it sucks, I would sure be nice to have the Annex space too, but that was not in the cards.:dunno:

As it is, my "Man Cave" is bigger than almost anyone else I know in Tokyo :D :thumb:

BTW, I'm not done in the renovation, but I am out of plywood. I might go on Monday to get some more, maybe, depends on the weather, as it is actually snowing right now, and the say we will get 3 to 5 cm of snow today.............. I know that is not much, but if it sticks, Tokyo WILL grind to a halt!

Cheers!

I'm probably walking over old paths here, but, if the annex is both close and accessible from the dungeon, why not use that space to house the compressor and dust collection?

Here's the pic of the entrance to the Annex..., right Stu? He has a fan there to dry out some of the wood he cut and posted about in his "lumber" thread.

View attachment 17466

Yep, that is the main hatchway into the Annex, the hatch is made up of 4 steel and concrete slabs, each near my limit for lifting, I can do it, but it is better done by two.

Rennie, the Annex access from the Dungeon is here..........

ta_da1.jpg

exit_to_another_relm.jpg

troll.jpg

That is the only spot.

I could get the compressor in there, and to be honest, that is a great idea, as I only have to run one air line into the Dungeon, and there is a hole for the AC line etc.

Might just do that!

Wow! Post #154 really shows some light at the end of the tunnel. What a difference. You gotta be pleased with that. Forge ahead wildly!