Traded my truck in...

Good morning Stu
Yeah but you work everyday :D :D me I work when I feel like it, I haven't felt like it in 11 days :rofl: in fact the 1 ton has been parked next to the greenhouse for 5 days.

Yeah, that is true, and I work more in by lunch Wednesday than my brother works in a week:rolleyes:

We usually get most of Sunday off, ONLY work 4 to 8 hours on Sunday :wave: :D

BTW, I learned that "One shot" thing with car dealers from my Dad years ago. The other thing he told the sales guys is this "I need to talk to the boss" stuff is not going to happen, if the sales guy does not know how much he can sell the car for, then get us someone who does.

Walked out of a lot of showrooms, but never paid too much for the ones I did not walk out of :thumb:

Wow KC, I don't know how I would get along without my truck. Of course, a big part of that is me fitting into it! :eek: We downsized SWMBO's Suburban last summer to a Honda Element, which she loves. With two kids out the door, we didn't need to troop carrier anymore, but we still needed something I could ride in too without turning into a sardine. I can fit, but it is snug.

I would like to get a diesel someday, but I have about had it with American built trucks. The Toyota full size looks good, but I don't want to drive around in a vehicle that has TRD printed on the side. If I ever end up in one, they are going to have to take that sticker off before I pay for it.

Good luck with the new Escape!

Oh yeah, gas bills might be killing us, but we have not burned a drop of heating oil since I fired up the wood furnace in early November.

Bill Grumbine

“The Toyota full size looks good, but I don't want to drive around in a vehicle that has TRD printed on the side. If I ever end up in one, they are going to have to take that sticker off before I pay for it.”

That a whole lot better than TURD.:):D:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Traded in my PU truck Look what Bozo got... 150 Crew cab, Big Block, long bed 4X4 with all the bells and whistles, Delux Chrome Package... :thumb:

Attachments

• P1010765.JPG
    P1010765.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 17
Wow KC, I don't know how I would get along without my truck.
Father-in-law has way 'more' truck than I would ever buy, and all I have to do is walk up the driveway to get it if need be. I bought a couple of 24" base cabinets a few weeks ago, but that's really the only time in the past year anyway that I've 'needed' a truck.

Today was the first night driving MY Escape to work. I keep trying to put the coffe down in the wrong place, have to turn the light on to find the ignition, and not sure how long it'll take to get used to the wipers being on the wrong side and the lights not being on the dash. I used have problems going from the truck to the old Escape because everything was backwards... and I figured that would be solved now that we have two Escapes. Not! Wipers on the other side, lights on the dash on the new one. :doh:

Yeah, that is true, and I work more in by lunch Wednesday than my brother works in a week:rolleyes:

We usually get most of Sunday off, ONLY work 4 to 8 hours on Sunday :wave: :D

:thumb:

Let me rephrase that, I go to my job when i want to.
Like you though I have more work in by noon than some folks do in a week. In fact I go to my job to get a break from working :rofl:

Stop the train!!!!!!

Don't you have a wood shop?
:rofl: And you "bought" cabinets? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Yep... for an island that I knew I was gonna skin with beadboard anyway. I had the carcass pieces actually cut out three months ago, but just couldn't get excited about putting them together... so I bought 'em. :eek: And then we went to IKEA and bought the laminated beech top. I HATE cabinets. :dunno: